NSWMA burdened by $600m debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSWMA burdened by $600m debt

It has emerged that the National Solid Waste Management Authority (NSWMA) has racked up nearly $600 million in debt. This has left the solid waste collection agency in a precarious state, as financial institutions are refusing to provide it with loans due to the high level of indebtedness.

Speaking with RJR News Friday night, NSWMA Executive Director, Joan Gordon-Webley, said the entity owes its suppliers while statutory deductions have not been paid.

She says the debt is likely to be higher when a review of the accounts is completed.

Mrs. Gordon-Webley says the NSWMA has been forced to the turn to the Ministry of Finance for help with its recurrent expenses.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Damn, lets just deflect this and blame Mrs. Webley for going public with this. I wonder when any of the comrades round here gonna have the balls fi ask, "what the fock were those idiots doing all this time?"

Naaah forget it, dem with continue finding ways fi blame the new gov't. Talk bout poppy shows.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The country's finances are in a terrible state. Maybe Brucie can go beg some $$ from Hugo Chavez or the Chinese.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

so with all them PHD and qualified persons who did a run the NSWA them so much in the red?

Make we see what underqualified, tegreg Webley a go do.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X