Audley Shaw was right after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audley Shaw was right after all

World Bank could devise programme for Jamaica Friday, 23 November 2007 Talks aimed at identifying a possible debt relief programme for Jamaica are scheduled to begin next week with a team from the World
    RJR News has been informed that the top level meetings will look at far reaching strategies aimed at reducing the country's which is inching towards the one trillion dollar mark.

The talks will involve senior officials of the Government and the World Bank team which is scheduled to arrive in early in the week.

At the end of September, public debt amounted to $973 billion.

This was a whopping $50 billion increase over the figure reported at the start of the in April.

$421 billion was in the form of external debt with the remainder due to local creditors.

While in Jamaica, the World Bank team is also expected to begin its study on corruption.

This is in keeping with a request made by Minister Audley Shaw when he met with top officials of the World Bank in Washington D.C. last month.

Mr. Shaw said the study was a necessary component of the Government's strategy to tackle the high levels of dishonesty and fraudulent practices in the country.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I remember before the election he said it was possible and many laugh him to scorn, so it nuh impossible after all?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      I remember before the election he said it was possible and many laugh him to scorn, so it nuh impossible after all?
      Some claim Shaw studing for his CAPE while dem hang on to Omar's every word .. EVEN WHEN HIM IS WRONG!
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

It has to do with a way of thinking.

What do you believe a PNP Think Tank meeting looks like ?

Look at what the JTI (formerly JAMPRO) board looks like now as opposed to the Board before election...

Before: Carolyn Cooper ??? Dennis Morrison ???

After: Gassan Azan, Audrey Marks, Patrick Casserley.. you know people that are actually impacted by the success or failure of Jamaican Development...

Time to get to WORK.. let the idlers chat bout who call who Dark.. keep them occupied and out of the way of REAL progress..

Comment

If true, that certainly was a waste of time board. There were many in the last admin. Not sure if we have begun to make them all effective now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X