JCC gives government a passing grade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCC gives government a passing grade

The Government has been given a satisfactory grade by the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce (JCC) for its first 70 days in office.

However, JCC President Mark Myers says there is still much work to be done with regards to social issues.

Mr. Myers maintains that urgent attention is needed on crime, the state of the economy and bureaucracy.

"Education, family values, job creation, justice are only a few of the areas that require immediate attention. For this to be effective a social partnership between the government, the private sector and the labour unions is essential," said Mr. Myers.

"As the JCC reviewed the new government as we would a new employee on probation and hence our assessment would be on the following criteria: attitude, willingness to learn, willingness to work and perseverance,"

"Prime Minister Golding has performed credibly in all those areas however he and his team must perform and produce results," he continued.

Mr. Myers disclosed that a monitoring and implementation committee to address the social issues affecting the country is to be named by Prime Minister Bruce Golding on December 15.

This he says is to ensure that the commitments given at the Government/Private Sector two-day summit last month are met.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Regardless of the situation Myers would say they did good...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      Regardless of the situation Myers would say they did good...

Just like regardless of the situation you and most comrades cannot give them any credit.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        The Government has been given a satisfactory grade by the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce (JCC) for its first 70 days in office.

However, JCC President Mark Myers says there is still much work to be done with regards to social issues.

Mr. Myers maintains that urgent attention is needed on crime, the state of the economy and bureaucracy.

"Education, family values, job creation, justice are only a few of the areas that require immediate attention. For this to be effective a social partnership between the government, the private sector and the labour unions is essential," said Mr. Myers.

"As the JCC reviewed the new government as we would a new employee on probation and hence our assessment would be on the following criteria: attitude, willingness to learn, willingness to work and perseverance,"

"Prime Minister Golding has performed credibly in all those areas however he and his team must perform and produce results," he continued.
        Thus the highlighted section of his comments specifically speak to a government that has not performed in those 70 days?

Yuh nuh -

"Prime Minister Golding...he and his team must perform and produce results," ...?

Seems like that to me...but, then what the hell do I know
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tek time Karl.. wi still sifting through the rubble..

After World Trade Center bombing.. yuh couldn just rush in and start move tings.. cause more damage than good.

Wi soon see some results.. Jail soon start filling up.. nuh worry...

Comment

restaurants of jamaica is one one the better run and most profitable food franchises in jamaica for MANY MANY years now...from tony myers days up until right now.....mark myers should be able to identify sound business policies.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

only because we 'dark" and prefer Kentucky and Burger over Jerk Chicken and fish and festival.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When I see evidence of the promises I will give the credit...until then... you nuh see Man a yawd backing off his promise to abolish transfer taxes now, saying the entire tax structure will be restructured in a holistic way and will take time to straighten out, thats not what he had said the first time, was it now Lazie?
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  When I see evidence of the promises I will give the credit...until then... you nuh see Man a yawd backing off his promise to abolish transfer taxes now, saying the entire tax structure will be restructured in a holistic way and will take time to straighten out, thats not what he had said the first time, was it now Lazie?
                  As yuh say dat ... ANYBODY SEE PEEJAY? I'm quite certain they said September it will be tutition free for school kids? I guess yuh nuh realize that tek place. Steps are being taken to make the leader of the Opposition on the same level as the Deputy PM. Again, yuh wouldn't see that. The CDF is to kick in next fiscal year ... what is Shanie's role in the gov't? Again yuh nuh see that? This year not passing without the local gov't election being held, when is the local gov't election?

Comment

Working...
                  X