No announcement yet.

Berres Hammond the early years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my favorite reggae singer of all times. I have seen him live many times.

Lloyd Parkes and We the people hardly miss a beat. I heard them in central park a few years ago and the sound just as crisp as pon the records.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

very good backing band that....they were also a session band right? in concert they were always crisp.

my favourite reggae singer.....hmmmmm mek i get back to you....the short list is bob, peter, jacob, dennis and gregory.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        very good backing band that....they were also a session band right? in concert they were always crisp.

my favourite reggae singer.....hmmmmm mek i get back to you....the short list is bob, peter, jacob, dennis and gregory.
        Yuh caan leff off Mr. John Holt. Agree wid those you mention though
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Gregory was one of the best; Love is Overdue is still one of my favourite Lovers Rock tunes of all time.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Mi love all a them and Kid colt, a mean John Holt a boom too.

Wha bout Ken Booth, Bob Andy, etc.

Talent abound.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

my fave gregory...red rose for gregory...and ....damn...mi figget the title...but one line goes "now dinner for 2 is now breakfast with you, oh it seems too good to be true..is it really me, is it really you."

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yeah dem deh deh..mi rate bob andy more as a songwriter though.

Comment

yeah true.

You know who was wicked singer but him never like singing, Pat Kelly "Queen Majesty" et all.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz6Kvzxdd4Y

Mr. Holt & Freddi - rocking London

Sass: Willie Brackenridge is on trumpet in this live performance - Band - Lloyd Parkes and We the People

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZAurXAmv7o
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

mi go way back "love overdue"

Comment

who dat playing drums?

Comment

Join us on the Carib track site - every weekend is a Jam session (since nuh track and field nay gwan) wid your favorite poster here and who are DJ's there - TDowl and yours truly MdmeX
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

have to link up sis.

Comment

Gegry dun....heheheee
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

maybe...but he has an impressive body of work as a legacy.

Comment

Working...
                                X