Foreign workers to appeal rejection of permit applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign workers to appeal rejection of permit applications

Several foreign workers are reportedly gearing up to challenge the rejection of their applications for work permits by the Ministry of Labour.

Minister of Labour, Pearnel Charles, says appeals have been lodged with his Ministry since the processing of applications started a week ago.

Some of the applications turned down were for jobs in the accounting field.

Mr. Charles says the appeals will be heard to determine if the applications warrant a review.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

What? We nuh have nobody a Jamaica fi duh accounting? Duh yuh ting Pernel. Nevah want yuh win yuh seat, but yuh a duh yuh ting. How else unuh gonna provide jobs, jobs, jobs?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Is wha yuh say Lazie? Many of these highly skilled professionals are contributing greatly to our national development. Maybe dem nuh wear the right @#!
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
        Is wha yuh say Lazie? Many of these highly skilled professionals are contributing greatly to our national development. Maybe dem nuh wear the right @#!
        Are you being sarcastic? You telling me we don't have people to do these accounting jobs?

Comment

sometimes a nuh say we nuh have the people but I remember at a certain hotel some of the top yard accountant them run a racket pon the white man them so them carry in them spy.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
          X