CARICOM seeks approach to rising food prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARICOM seeks approach to rising food prices

As consumers across the region grow increasingly frustrated with the rising cost of food including basic such as like milk, sugar, rice and flour, CARICOM leaders have agreed in principle to discuss the issue.

Last week Grenada's Prime Minister Dr Keith Mitchell called for a special summit to address the problem.

But St Lucia's Prime Minister Stephenson King said his administration was not prepared to await a regional solution and announced that the government would intervene in much the same way as Barbados has done and place caps on the prices of certain food items.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

... and here I was thinking Bruce was lying to us. So it is a worldwide problem? Yet ... people with termite infested brains telling us that the new gov't is the cause of the rising prices.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

is a conspiracy.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        is a conspiracy.
        ... it has to be!

Comment

or a dark dem dark

mi a country man so me free fi use it, mi nuh know nuh better
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            or a dark dem dark

mi a country man so me free fi use it, mi nuh know nuh better
            Why yuh laff? Dem damn dark and who waan accuse of being racist can knock demselves out.

Comment

cause mi find it funny
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So hold on.. dem nevah see it coming.. why dem haffi call summit ?

Comment

Working...
                X