Interesting developments in St Catherine NE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting developments in St Catherine NE

Yesterday four persons turned up to be nominated for the two divisional seats for the JLP.

Turns out that the Party made a last minute substitution, replacing the sitting councilor with a new comer.

The Labourites did not take kindly to this and burned shirts and posters with their own MP Gregory Mair and rained bottles and stones at him and his vehicle as he tried to leave with the ones he had nominated as candidates.

According to the news cast, the sitting councillor said they had meetings up to Saturday where each of the two councillors were given $60,000 for Nomination Day expenses.

However when they turned up to be nominated they were told the Party had called and said they were not to be nominated as two other persons were selected.

My Question here is why didnt the party call the two men directly and advise them of the move? The men said they were even at Conference on Sunday and no one said a word to them about the move.

Anyways in the news cast, Mair then turned up with two men, one of who was his campaign manager in the last elections and said as the head of the JLP in NE St Catherine he was carrying out the party's wishes.

The two jilted men were then duly nominated as Independent candidates.

I my mid this means a likely win for the PNP as no doubt the JLP votes will be split, I dont think there is enough time to mend any fences between now and December 5 but maybe Lazie can advise me otherwise.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Deafening silence from the labourites
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
    X