RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does this have to do with her being a woman???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this have to do with her being a woman???

Again the overused gender card??? Golding referred to the PNP. Is the PNP now the same as the "common folk". What kind of complex is this betraying??? I now see why Siccko shame....

She openly blasted the Govt for the last 2 weeks (unfairly, I might add), was not conciliatory in the least since Sept 3, and is carrying on a legal fight to oust the JLP. What basis does she have to expect anything but retaliation, especially going into elections.?

No more talks between the JLP & PNP Monday, 19 November 2007 Conciliatory talks between government and Opposition appear to be on hold.

Comments from Prime Minister Bruce Golding at the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP's) conference Sunday have left the People's National Party (PNP) leader, Portia Simpson-Miller smarting.

Mrs. Simpson Miller seems dead set against any further discussions with the governing party at this time.

The Opposition Leader seemed to be fuming as she told reporters she felt personally disrespected by Prime Minister Golding's biting criticisms of her party's officials.

In his address at the party's conference Mr. Golding said the PNP suffered from intellectual depravity and it was as if termites infested their brains.

The Opposition leader was bitter in her response.

She said that the attack was not conciliatory in nature asked where was the conciliation in saying they were sinful was and brainless.

She alluded to a growing class war in the country, which she felt Mr. Golding fed into with his comments.

She felt his words were disrespectful toward the majority of common folk in the country and to herself as a woman of humble origin.

On Sunday, Prime Minister Golding said he had extended another invitation to the Opposition to meet at Vale Royal in a bid to find consensus on the way forward.

But Mrs. Simpson Miller and PNP executives will be meeting to craft an official response Tuesday.

Growing class war ??

I am sick and tired of this 'beloved' party.

What a waste of space they have become.

Comment

The very first blow was delivered by Bruce in his inaugural address
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No,

the very first was Portia on election night.

"We wont stand by andallow people to use criminals to take over the GOJ!"

As I recall, Bruce invited ALL previous PMs to his inaug. and in his speech he reached out to portia inviting her to have a conversation with him to find common ground for their vision of Jamaica.

While I do no claim any perfection on the part of BG, we have to be fair about the history of events.

Comment

karl nuh memba dat!

him might claim that the election night "criminal" comment was in response to the inauguration speech.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I don't get it, A nuh problem when them a wheel "strenght of a woman". Did Golding address her personally? Or PNP women?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              I don't get it, A nuh problem when them a wheel "strenght of a woman". Did Golding address her personally? Or PNP women?
              If you live inna glass house...

Nuh she used to refer to BG as the likkle man in the green shirt?

Politics is hell bwoy.

Comment

nothing nuh wrong wid that cause him nuh come from humble begining.

a so life go mi brethren.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  nothing nuh wrong wid that cause him nuh come from humble begining.

a so life go mi brethren.
                  Of course he did. Parents had to leave his birth house as his dad fell afoul of the big man and town and they were forced outta town. Portia and Bruce born not 5 miles apart in Rural St Catherine.

Only possible difference was that Bruce's parents were both teachers, and were probably better educated than Portia's.

Comment

you coulda fool me, mi think Golding born wid gold spoon inna him mouth

Comment

Working...
                    X