Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamaica tax system ranked 9th worst worldwide

well it is the whole system.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Assasin let's be very careful here, 9th worst and one of the highest in the world are 2 totally different things, one is based on the rate or pecentage paid and the other combines factors having to do with collection and ease of payment.

Let's make sure we know that this is apples and oranges.

Comment

we? snicker snicker
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

This is not the article I wanted to find but it highlights some of the problems including taxes. You are right but it really highlights the mess we are in. Making the system easiar and lesser taxes in my view would increase collection.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            we? snicker snicker
            LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              That is my point too.

No wonder we cant progress.

At lunch i just heard about a Danish Tourist killed in Jamaica last month. The man was building a dream house near Johnny Cash's in MoBay and the local end was apparently extorting for more money. He came out to sort things out and then was found dead near frome with his head bashed in...and we talking about roots of expressions!!!

People, we have serious problems!!!!!
              Willi, everyone has their pet peeve. You and others like to discuss Portia's clothing or posture in a cartoon or which politician is more of a virago. This sometimes continues intermittently for weeks. You guys find such things interesting.

I don't hear any gun a fire about our "being in trouble" when these weighty subjects are discussed over a period of weeks.

Live and let live.
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Me???

Come betta dat dat!! Neva posted any cartoon and am not involved in those argument.

I dont tek yuh for liad, so I expect an apology.

My pet peeve is economic freedom for Jamaica. Everything else depends on that.

Yuh can chat any other bull crap yuh feel ike.

Comment

Him nuh see a Portia friend them a complain about everything said on political platforms?

Comment

Why are you so sure? You have info Lazie doesn't?

Comment

Yuh didnt read the article?

Comment

What article? Lazie said compliance of 30% and 10% and you said you were SURE more people were paying...hence my question.

"Not Tax rate, COMPLIANCE rate. in other words, if 100 people should be paying taxes, only 30 (or 10) are paying. Obviously, this is a calculation. I am sure more people are paying, but they are paying way less than they should on average".

Comment

OK Gotcha now.

Didnt understand before.

I am not SURE per se. I only surmise that if only 10% were paying, surely some action would have been taken.

However, upon reflection, I retract...cause is Jamrock we talking bout.

Point made and accepted.

Comment

Thanks and I have to give you a 'bigup". Others would start to cuss and ramble. Willi, the tax net has always been a problem and always unfair to the working class (used in the context of working for others) who are TAXED but GOV never sees the money. Too many loopholes, too much carelessness, to much trickery.

Comment

Working...
                            X