X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CVM's Pryce assaulted in SC St Catherine

CVM's Pryce assaulted in SC St Catherine

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

CVM-Television's news reporter, Michael Pryce, was attacked and hit in his left eye by a man outside the entrance to the nomination centre for South Central St Catherine yesterday.
    Two women and a police officer try to protect CVM-TV news reporter, Michael Pryce (right), after he was hit in his left eye by the man at left while covering yesterday's nomination of the People's National Party (PNP) Local Government candidates at the Spanish Village Plaza in South Central St Catherine.
    Pryce, who was covering the nomination day's proceedings, had just alighted from the company's new car. He was passing a crowd of People's National Party (PNP) supporters at the gate to the Spanish Village Plaza, when he was confronted by a man who made political accusations against him.
    During the ensuing argument, the man hit Pryce in the left eye. The reporter and the man ware surrounded by the crowd. Member of Parliament for the constituency Sharon Hay-Webster, who led the march to the plaza, and a team of police rescued Pryce.
    Hay-Webster said that the man was insane, but there was no proof of this. The man was not detained by police.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Unuh look pon the piture ... dat man look insane? Pryce's problem is that him not a good comrade ... better yet ... him nuh name Knight. Time, lets see some outrage bout this nuh?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Mi tell yuh seh di Comrades barely clinging to sanity.. the posts in here since Sept 3rd should leave no doubt..

After 18 years is a serious shock to the system...

Comment

Maybe you should see the actual film footage b4 making any assumptions...as a journalist I take it extremely serious when any of my colleagues anywhere in the world are attacked while doing their duties.

Journalism ranks in the top 10 in most dangerous jobs in the world.

One of the things we learn however is that in carrying out our duties we will encounter idiots and sycophants who think they were dissed and the best way to deal with this is to walk away or seek help from the police if they are available.

Michael should have walked away when the man started cursing him and if he did not actively pursue the man he would not have been poked in the eye. TV footage showed him being restrained by police personell.

There is one lunatic that teaches at Cornwall College, his wife taught me there and he came on staff soon afterwards, he even played football with my brothers at Violet Kickers, he takes it on himself to harass me every time he sees me at a Cornwall game, calling e all kinds of names and making all kinds of insinuations, mind you this is a senior teacher who is never seen without his bottle of Guinness or Red Stripe and is usually drunk at games.

His problem with me stemmed form an incident about 10 years or so ago when he walked around the field cursing Herbert Morrison students, the school his daughter taught at then, ad I told him to behave himself and act like an adult.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

maybe you shoulda leave him alone(not really).

While the man shoulda walk away sometimes people tell you things that burn and your intial reaction is not to walk away.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Can you explain this apparant affinity that exists between insane people and the PNP ?

Comment

That teacher at Cornwall? Oh I totally ignore him. He never comes within a 30 yards of me, he just stands behind the fence and shout- apparently he likes to draw attention to himself.

Ever heard the saying about sticks and stones...trust me it is best to walk away..I have heard things said about me that burns me to the core but what you going to do?

There is handful of lunatics in Westmoreland that also try to harass me whenever I go to school boy games there, always shouting about 'Cornwall journalist'...I told one one day that if he was beneficiary of a good education he would not have time to go watch so many games, doubt if he understood what I said but his friends were laughing at him.

What is lost on people like them and the one who poked Michale in his eye yesterday is that we have a job to do and not everything we write or say they will like but they like many who post here are limited in their scope and if you dont agree with everything you say, then you are against them.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
              X