X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
    Didn't Hyacinth Lightbourne touch on that aspect of SV's court experience

Think she said, he had none! ...but,
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

think? karl this is not philosphy! did she or didn't she??!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        willi is right. the solicitor general is usually kind of like the side man to the attorney generally. in the english tradition a barrister was the one who had a right of audience before the high court while the solicitor prepared the documentation and did the research. given that it is now a fused profession in jamaica, the solicitor tag seems archaic.

therefore the solicitor general is not a judge but rather the second ranking government lawyer behind the AG.

the former AG was a man with VAST court experience and when one has to draft pleadings, courtroom experience can be critical as this would take it beyond the realm of academia into the practical. vascianne's credentials as an academic is indisputable...but i think someone with court experience would be more appropriate. believe it or not vascianne would perhaps be better suited as AG as this has more of an administrative and policymaking component.
        Damn! Suh why yuh tek so long fi mek this known? Now, lets see how people twist and turn to stand firm?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
          Didn't Hyacinth Lightbourne touch on that aspect of SV's court experience
          She most certainly did. I guess because she is a labourite she has no credibility.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

but????
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

slight amendment ...... i meant to say former solicitor general was a man with VAST litigation experience (mike hylton qc was a litigator and a partner at myers fletcher & gordon)

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

thank you sir for the response... however, never did i say or suggest that the sg is a judge...

mi atty bred share the same argument... vasciannie would be even better being the attorney general... he also opined that with vasciannie experience and knowledge, he would not expect him to be a liability in any court case of the govt, because it would be a team of lawyers...

seems like there is more to this, than we will know... so, i will leave it alone and watch it play out...

once again thanks for the imput...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Just see this, boss! Since yuh lazy...gi mi a few mek mi check!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Declaring that her detractors understand this full well, Miss Lightbourne argued that Mr. Vasciannie has never practiced in a court room.
                    http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...icitor+general

Comment

he who alleges must prove.....it's the code of the west.

Comment

he who alleges must prove.....it's the code of the west.
                        I thought I said, "I think!" ...but, anyway I posted your answer before I saw this.

Comment

there you go thoughting again....as i said..this is not philosophy and why should I go research something that YOU "think"?

Comment

Working...
                          X