No announcement yet.

Time to resolve the Vasciannie imbroglio-Gleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can be really frustrating lazie... how do you equate the opposition blaming the gov't for the high prices with bruce's vulgar and pejorative utterances at the jlp convention...

and he portrays himself as a man of distinction...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      you can be really frustrating lazie... how do you equate the opposition blaming the gov't for the high prices with bruce's vulgar and pejorative utterances at the jlp convention...

and he portrays himself as a man of distinction...
      Frustrating for who? You and the other comrades who feel sorry fi Portia dem? I take that as a compliment. AGAIN, let me mek it clear. Portia and other idiots from within the PNP top brass was all over the air blaming the gov't for the high prices. Which is ridiculous. Then again, its Portia, Danny Buck etc. Now if you agree with them, mek mi know.

It was to those comical statements that Bruce was responding to. What about it was vulgar? The difference between him and me is that I would have kept it simple and call dem damn dunces. I guess thats why he is a man of distinction over me.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Mek Lazie gwaan, him nuh realise how close to Karl's way of thinking he is but while I might have been dissappointed a year ago, it is par for the course now.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
          Mek Lazie gwaan, him nuh realise how close to Karl's way of thinking he is but while I might have been dissappointed a year ago, it is par for the course now.
          How often you gonna use that smokescreen?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

SG is NOT the judiciary!

Is the AG the judiciary???

This is the other side...they represent in court, they are not the court.

Comment

Attorney General, Contractor General, Admin. General, Solicitor General, Registrar General, Accountant Genral are not part judiciary.

The Att. General and Sol. General are Government lawyers. The AG is a political appointment, the SG is committee appointment. That is my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                Attorney General, Contractor General, Admin. General, Solicitor General, Registrar General, Accountant Genral are not part judiciary.

The Att. General and Sol. General are Government lawyers. The AG is a political appointment, the SG is committee appointment. That is my understanding.
                The problem is in all cases, excepting the Att.Gen., they are expected to be impartial...outside of political manipulation.

Additionally even in the case of the Att. Gen. it is expected that advice given will be in the best interest of the country and not necessarily one that falls in-line with government wishes.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Who tell Versacci fi compromise himself in the Trafigura situation ?

Mek yuh bed.. yuh lie in it.

Comment

Would you have confidence in someone that gave advice to bar the Dutch from further investigations???

I would have thought that good advice would be to allow the chips to fall where they may.

Based on that, I would NOT accept him either.

Comment

Willi and Maudib a waste time. Unuh nuh realize that people a hold dem position because its the JLP? Unuh think unuh can say anything to convince a comrade about what is happening?

Comment

Not a matter of convincing a comrade.. when yuh see garbage, yuh clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          Would you have confidence in someone that gave advice to bar the Dutch from further investigations???

I would have thought that good advice would be to allow the chips to fall where they may.

Based on that, I would NOT accept him either.
                          It would clearly not be what I would like...

...but, depending on the reasons given...legal and or whose interest (possible the country's interest) the advice benefitted would form the basis of my acceptance that the advice was well founded. A matter entirely different and separate from whether or not I had confidence in the individual and whether or not that individual would be acceptable to act as my 'chief lawyer'.

Bruce needs to realise that in the real world you do not have to accept every piece of advice your lawyer gives. ...but, merely disagreeing with your lawyer's take on one issue or matter, also does not mean the lawyer may not be a good fit.

...additionally if Bruce wants someone snugly fitted in his back pocket he could not be saying it louder! Bruce is putting out an image of himself that in JA parlance - 'hit nuh pretty'!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Or maybe he does not want the constant headache of dealing with a 5th columnist!

Comment

I can tell you at least one of that PSC would not be there if it was up to me. Dun talk.

Comment

semantics willi... but correction duly noted and accepted...
                                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                                X