RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contractor General questions key officials in Cuban ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contractor General questions key officials in Cuban ..

Contractor General questions key officials in Cuban light bulb probe

There is another development in the ongoing investigations Energy minister Clive Mullings, on Sunday told the RJR News Centre that Contractor General Greg Christie has issued questions to several key persons who could assist with the investigation into the Cuban light bulb saga.

"The Contractor General has provided questions to be answered by the Permanent Secretary, the head of PCJ, myself and former ministers Spencer and Paulwell. I know the Auditor General's department is also conducting their own checks. As late as Friday the Auditor General's department secured keys to check the amount of bulbs that are now in storage," said Mr. Mullings.

Mr. Mullings says he is now patiently awaiting the findings of the investigations.

"I don't interfere in their investigations neither am I putting them under any pressure that is out of my purview. The time it takes to report depends of course on the extent of what they have to cover and therefore I await them in terms of that regard,"

"I am not in the business of character assassination. I believe it is very important that we have good stewardship and wherever the chips fall then so be it," he said.

The Cuban light bulb saga started when the energy minister in a presentation in parliament revealed questionable spending of millions of dollars associated with the project.

Former Energy Minister Phillip Paulwell and his Deputy Kern Spencer, who were at the helm of the project resigned last week as opposition spokespersons.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/3102/26/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X