RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golding accused of being racist for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golding accused of being racist for this?

WTF???

'Termites have infested their brains'
    Golding blasts Opposition over comments on rising food prices
    Balford Henry
    Monday, November 19, 2007

PRIME Minister Bruce Golding yesterday accused the Opposition People's National Party (PNP) of "intellectual depravity" in blaming the government for rising food prices.

"I don't come here to cuss and quarrel today, but I was amazed at the kind of utterances coming from the Opposition, and coming from the Opposition leader, in particular," Golding told yesterday's Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) 64th annual conference at the National Arena in Kingston.

"It demonstrates that the People's National Party suffers from a kind of intellectual depravity. It is as if termites have infested their brains," the prime minister said.

Golding was responding to recent statements from Opposition spokespersons blaming current price increases on his new government.

He referred to a recent World Bank report which predicted a slowing down in the global economy because of commodity prices.

He also referred to a United Nations report which notes that because of the rising prices globally, their food aid programme to avert famine in Africa is likely to be undermined.

Golding also confirmed that he had received an invitation from Grenadian Prime Minister Keith Mitchell requesting an emergency meeting of Caricom Heads of Government to discuss the threat of the global phenomenon to regional economies.

"Everybody recognises that this is a worldwide something that is gripping us, and yet the People's National Party says that, 'this is the worst government that the country has ever had because prices are rising.

"They don't even remember that when they took over the (US) dollar was $5.50 (Jamaican) and by the time they finished with the dollar it was $70 (Jamaican). Country people used to say, 'dem dark, bad'," Golding commented.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

This is a joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      This is a joke right?

What? The comments from the PM? Or the racist part? A comrade called Ronnie Thwaites this morning and was asking what the PNP going to do about these racists comments. He even went as far as mentioning the PM's colour.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        What? The comments from the PM? Or the racist part? A comrade called Ronnie Thwaites this morning and was asking what the PNP going to do about these racists comments. He even went as far as mentioning the PM's colour.
        The racist comments part. I think it's safe to say that any half intelligent Jamaican would know the meaning of 'dem dark, bad'.

Comment

The inference of racism

Is not conjured by any reference of "dem dark bad", Bricktop do you read with any angled dexterity...Although; there isn't any RAcism denoted in what the PM said. I believe the caller failed to properly denote what was said.

The PM comment came across as a direct stab at Portia's IQ and plays on the ignorant theme that "she no too bright". Mr Golding incorrectly states that the opposition blame his government for these high prices, while in truth the opposition castigate him for using these high cost as a "cop out for non-deliverance" of promises made. As if as an Economist he wasn't aware that we would have rising cost. Therefore, he is the one who holds the populace of Jamaica in this realm of "Dem Dark Eh", dem don't even no sey a campaign lie and card mi a draw just fi win power.
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
            Is not conjured by any reference of "dem dark bad", Bricktop do you read with any angled dexterity...Although; there isn't any RAcism denoted in what the PM said. I believe the caller failed to properly denote what was said.

The PM comment came across as a direct stab at Portia's IQ and plays on the ignorant theme that "she no too bright". Mr Golding incorrectly states that the opposition blame his government for these high prices, while in truth the opposition castigate him for using these high cost as a "cop out for non-deliverance" of promises made. As if as an Economist he wasn't aware that we would have rising cost. Therefore, he is the one who holds the populace of Jamaica in this realm of "Dem Dark Eh", dem don't even no sey a campaign lie and card mi a draw just fi win power.
            So if di opposition is less than intelligent how is that being racist? She isn't too bright did you listen to the debates?

Comment

Is it a shot at Portia? She wasn't the only unthinking person saying it. Peejay ... what are the promises they JLP is yet to deliver on? I really hope you point it out to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                So if di opposition is less than intelligent how is that being racist? She isn't too bright did you listen to the debates?

suh wait ... if Portia not too bright ... what yuh say about those that wanted her to be PM for the next 5 years?

Comment

Comment

Karl, JAwge ... who the third one?

Comment

Lazie Lazie Brickie Brickie

The reference about IQ was always in the Jamaican venacular when it comes to Portia and her lack of formal education vile attempt to cover up by referring to others in her party as having the same is just lame. However, quite often we as Jamaicans equate " Hi intelligence with scholarly Work". I wonder if you and Brickie, Maudib included no sey Bush when to an even "Gooda School than Campion"...Y>A>L>E....yet im act like a _A>L>E im GO.
                      Now Economically you can ask any economist and they would tell you that the P.N.P was on a clear economic path, although hampered by Crime, internal moles, and a few dregs in their midsts. The change to the JLP was not necessary nor was it prudent at this time because the same will occur.
                      This is obvious with your current PM blaming progression and deliverance with rising cost, Hurricane etc. Don't get me wrong I am not a person to support any party being in power for so long, but looking at it objectively it seems your party plaYED ON THEIR ARROGANT BELIEF THAT WE ARE INDEED DARK AND FOOLISH TO BELIEVE EVERY THING WE HEAR...tHEY KNEW that what they offered would and could not be delivered when they got into power...therefore my problem is with the lies dem tell fi win not that they win...Morever, mi an Tufton a friend was in Sixth form together, supported him when dem started NDM as an alternative to the stronghold of two party politricking...
                      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Please answer the question placed to you by Lazie. What promise has the JLP failed to deliver on?

Comment

The reference about IQ was always in the Jamaican venacular when it comes to Portia and her lack of formal education vile attempt to cover up by referring to others in her party as having the same is just lame. However, quite often we as Jamaicans equate " Hi intelligence with scholarly Work". I wonder if you and Brickie, Maudib included no sey Bush when to an even "Gooda School than Campion"...Y>A>L>E....yet im act like a _A>L>E im GO.
                          Now Economically you can ask any economist and they would tell you that the P.N.P was on a clear economic path, although hampered by Crime, internal moles, and a few dregs in their midsts. The change to the JLP was not necessary nor was it prudent at this time because the same will occur.
                          This is obvious with your current PM blaming progression and deliverance with rising cost, Hurricane etc. Don't get me wrong I am not a person to support any party being in power for so long, but looking at it objectively it seems your party plaYED ON THEIR ARROGANT BELIEF THAT WE ARE INDEED DARK AND FOOLISH TO BELIEVE EVERY THING WE HEAR...tHEY KNEW that what they offered would and could not be delivered when they got into power...therefore my problem is with the lies dem tell fi win not that they win...Morever, mi an Tufton a friend was in Sixth form together, supported him when dem started NDM as an alternative to the stronghold of two party politricking...
                          Tilla, can we get an emoticon of a character sitting and shaking his head is disbelief?

"Now Economically you can ask any economist and they would tell you that the P.N.P was on a clear economic path"

Was this a serious post or one to provide comic relief? Which economist? Today we're ranked only ahead of Haiti if you see that as good economic path ...then.

Comment

The Air Jamaica route sale

opening and investment of Hotels outside of main stream Ochie, Moe Bay and Negril....ease of investing in Jamaica in relation to pass red tapes and bureaucratic delays.
                            the improvement of the office of taxation, Vast improvement in our telecommunication system, Increase in Foreign investments.
                            Requisite oil and energy relief from Venezuela, etc...
                            Last edited by PeeJay; November 19, 2007, 01:57 PM.

Comment

You notice how you delete

and use some parts of my quote to fool and convey your bias idealogy ala Bruce Golding I guess you must have majored in creative writing or creative postings....next time post every thing I said....."PATH" as defined by the New Webster dictionary is a continuous series of positions NOT a destination..

Comment

Working...
                              X