• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter: PNP has fallen away

PNP has fallen away
    published: Friday | November 16, 2007

The Editor, Sir:
    I watched with much pain the Impact programme on TVJ on Wednesday, November 14, where four young, thought-to-be-bright young people were interviewed on matters of national importance and interest. I have come to the conclusion that the People's National Party has lost its moral [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]compass[/COLOR][/COLOR].
    I know for a fact that the PNP has become a 'ripening abscess', as I knew that party when it was different.
    In the days when the PNP was run by honourable men and women, I was a little girl sitting in the corner, back in the days when children were 'to be seen and not heard', but I listened with great interest as a lot of political discussions and engagement took place in my house.
    From PNP family
    It would be safe to say I am from a PNP family. As I grew, I naturally embraced the policies of the early architects, and at university an effort was made to educate us on the principles for which Norman and Michael Manley stood.
    When I attained voting age, no one could convince me to vote for any other party but the PNP. The falling away from principles, of honesty and integrity is bad, but not half as disgraceful as the participation in matters which, even if not 'criminal', smell rather bad. Bear in mind that the leader of this party claims to be a Christian.
    If these are our future leaders - Jamaica is doomed!
    I am, etc.,
    JUSTINE LAING Mandeville, [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Manchester[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

As yuh say that! On NNN yesterday Basil Waite about the platform the PNP will be using in the upcoming election.

Him say the Local Gov't reform being pushed by the JLP was the idea of the PNP.

All the high prices that the JLP gov't has caused since taking office.

The bad state of the roads.

Yet even when the JLP man mek him aware that they cannot fix roads during the rain .. he kept going. Friggin comical .. and even more comical is that people gonna buy the bullcrap.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

condition of the roads? A since september the roads inna bad condition? ora before?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X