Mavado To Represent Ja In Beijing Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mavado To Represent Ja In Beijing Olympics

In sports news, 26-year-old Jamaican entertainer David Brooks, more popularly known as Mavado, will be representing Jamaica at next year's Beijing Olympics. The singer is preparing to compete in several swimming and diving events, and is heavily favoured to medal in the 50m men's freestyle. When contacted, Brooks said he was looking forward to the experience. We recently travelled to the community of Cassava Piece to speak with Brooks about his preparations for Beijing, starting off by asking how he first discovered his aquatic talents.

"Anyway, yu waan seet, mi neva even too use to penny butterfly an backstroke an dem ting deh, but one night mi an some bredrin deh pon di endz a reason an mi a gi Foota Hype a facial afta mi jus dun trim him, an as mi bout fi buss couple pimple pon him face mi jus guh suh boop an decide fi tek a nice refreshing dip inna di gully, yu zi mi. Gangsta for life. Cassava Piece, Cuban."

When asked to elaborate on what exactly prompted him to go swimming that night, Brooks declined to comment, stating only that "Anyway, a nuh nuttn too deep, more time mi jus look pon di gully an it jus look cool an inviting suh mi jus decide fi jump een da nite deh, yeh. Gangsta for life. Real McKoy."

At that moment, a passing car drove over an empty juice box in the road, causing a loud explosion. This was immediately followed by a splash in the adjoining gully. After the vehicle had moved off and the commotion was over, we turned back to our subject to continue our interview, but found that he had quickly returned to training and had already swum quite a far way off.

"Anyway," he shouted up to us on the gully-side in between strokes, "mi jus did memba seh mi need fi practise mi diving, sorry bout dat. Mi a tek few dozen laps an den guh towel off. Likkle more. Gangsta for life."

We bade him goodbye and wished him good luck in his athletic endeavours before leaving him to continue his training. It has not yet been verified if his Alliance colleague Busy Signal will be representing Jamaica in the marathon events, after setting the national cross-country record from Portmore to Kingston in December 26 of last year. More on this story as it develops.

Brooks takes a break in the middle of a rigorous training regimen.

Brooks, on the advice of friend Adidjah Palmer, practices diving. Below but not pictured is Brooks' mother Elizabeth Gordon.

Bricktop.....you are a flipping jackass......LOL! - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Just trying to bring a bit of levity to the straigt laced forum T.K. I can just see KARL fuming right now

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        Just trying to bring a bit of levity to the straigt laced forum T.K. I can just see KARL fuming right now
        It's allright. I'm more mad at myself for falling for that post. It really wasn't until I saw the pictures that I realized that I had been duped to rhatid. I am a dullard. - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

De man sey him "deya pon de gully side", not inna de gully.

Comment

Working...
          X