Willi, Exile et all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willi, Exile et all

Nov. 7--SOPERTON, Ga.In what observers called an historic first step towards a reduction in the U.S.'s reliance on crude oil for energy, Georgia became the first state in the nation Tuesday to begin construction of a commercial cellulosic ethanol plant in the small, rural community of Soperton that is surrounded by the agricultural product that will be used to make the fuel -- pine trees. The corridor's aim is to create partnerships among the state's research and development, academic, and public and private sectors to focus on ways to create alternative fuel sources in the state to help the U.S. defeat its reliance on fossil fuels as well as to create new jobs and industry for economic growth.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

If this is done without subsidy, I say bravo. However, the scientific types need to chime in here. Bio-diesel has a higher BTU (energy) content than gasoline. Ethanol, I think is lower than both. In order to really address the shortage mathematically, bio-diesel is a better strategy.

Jamaica can use a mixed approach and pursue all.

Comment

Working...
    X