Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT outsourcing; I said

let me take it on myself to comment. I have an issue with my VOIP system
    (major US corp) and I have been on the phone many times with tech suppt. Now this tech support is outside the US (quite possibly Mexico) although they may struggle with english at times, I must say they are very polite and courteous. At times I am pressed to complain (about the time in resolving things) but the courtesy keeps me in check. I just got off the phone with tech suppt. ( and they asked me if it's okay to call me by my first name). I said sure, go right ahead. They are killng me with politeness and courtesy.

I hope Ja learns from the above; in trying to get a foothold in the outsourcing game. BTW VOIP is taking off big now (in thing among many corps).

Granny always say: manners wi carry yuh far

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
    let me take it on myself to comment. I have an issue with my VOIP system
    (major US corp) and I have been on the phone many times with tech suppt. Now this tech support is outside the US (quite possibly Mexico) although they may struggle with english at times, I must say they are very polite and courteous. At times I am pressed to complain (about the time in resolving things) but the courtesy keeps me in check. I just got off the phone with tech suppt. ( and they asked me if it's okay to call me by my first name). I said sure, go right ahead. They are killng me with politeness and courtesy.

I hope Ja learns from the above; in trying to get a foothold in the outsourcing game. BTW VOIP is taking off big now (in thing among many corps).

Granny always say: manners wi carry yuh far
    Which gives best value for money spent?

I am using Vonage...my sister is telling me about some company named 5linx
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Talk to the PNP, they are the 'experts' on that.

Comment

and a lot of companies in jamaica have or are moving to VOIP. a nuh nutten!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

if your voip is not working how do you call tech support. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
            if your voip is not working how do you call tech support. LOL
            LoL - you send a Caveman signal
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Use a cell phone.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

let me guess...you were mocked and spat upon?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Psychological games...call me by which first name? Are you my friend? No it's not ok!! Try that and see what happens..they are just reading a script. Yes, but politeness does make a difference. I was able to get my cable company (read female manager) to send a Technician after hours to check on my newly installed 'digital cable' that wasn't working....
                  My brother who lives in the US and has a IT business, outsources a lot of his programming in the Czech Republic....how they manage with the language issues I don't know...

Comment

Oj I didn't say my voice wasn't working. I
                    I said there was an issue. In the corp. you have these VOIP/PBX; where you have many phones on the system which are seen my the parent server as nodes (with their own mac addresses) here the computer ethernet connection goes through the phone. I was dealing with a request from a supervisor from another dept. I also had one yesterday to look up phone logs going back two months ( I didn't like seeing my name coming up for long distance justified though. When you work for an internet based company; you will mainly deal with the above. This is why it's vital for the T1s to be up at all time.

Comment

Boss beleive mi, when yuh
                      courteous and polite it causes to leapfrog many hurdles (that would otherwise stand in the way). Dem cyaan mange English but dem a kill mi wid courtesy and trust mi it mek mi tolerate the language deficiency

Comment

Working...
                      X