Kern Spencer vows to clear his name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kern Spencer vows to clear his name

Embattled Member of Parliament Kern Spencer has vowed to clear his name of any wrongdoing in the Cuban Light Bulb Affair now that he is free of his responsibilities in the Shadow Cabinet.

He is also insisting that his resignation was not an admission of any misconduct.

The Former State Minister, who tendered his resignation to the Opposition Leader Tuesday, continues to distance himself from allegations of irregularities in the bulb distribution project.

Speaking with our news centre Tuesday night Mr. Spencer declared that since he is no longer an Opposition Spokesman he plans to make public, information on his involvement in the project.

"I have not spoken extensively and persons can understand why in terms of the investigations that are taking place," said Mr. Spencer.

"But I am in the process of putting together a release because I believe that even while the investigations are taking place and the fact that I have now stepped down as Shadow Spokesperson there a number of issues that I feel compelled to address,"

"I will be preparing a more detailed statement shortly so that the country will be able to look at the facts. As I said before there are a number of inaccuracies in the atmosphere which I feel compelled to address," he said.

In the meantime, Mr. Spencer says he has no plans to step down as a Member of Parliament.

Tuesday, Mr. Spencer along with former Energy Minister Phillip Paulwell stepped down from their Shadow Cabinet posts.

The former Ministers said they decided to step aside while investigations continue into alleged financial improprieties in the light bulb project.

And Vice-President of the People's National Party Angella Brown-Burke says calls for Mr. Spencer and Mr. Paulwell to resign as Members of Parliament are premature.

She is also repeated her claims that allegations of impropriety in the Cuban Light Bulb Programme were started by the Bruce Golding administration as part of a political witch hunt.

"I believe that a man is really innocent until proven guilty and I would hate to be a part of that crowd that begins to lynch people before actually knowing the facts. I really believe that as a people and as a country we need to ensure that a proper process is carried through so that we can know what the truth is and all of us can make the right decision," said Mrs. Brown-Burke.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Angella Brown Burke is almost as good as Danny Buck, "She is also repeated her claims that allegations of impropriety in the Cuban Light Bulb Programme were started by the Bruce Golding administration as part of a political witch hunt."

Political Witch hunt? It better Portia tell the PNP that Lisa Hanna should duh all interviews regarding this. Heard her on NNN this morning and when bowled with a tuff question ... she pause then mek them know she can't discuss party business. hehehe.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Portia's reaction ...

Comment

him and OJ both...i hope he finds "the real killers"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

All a them a thief.

Comment

Working...
          X