Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Authorities think that Trafigura

is guilty of bribing the fomer gov't. What a prehke
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Wait, that mean the PNP is guilty of accepting a bribe. If it was corpie him would get lock up ....
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The Dutch want to question the following.
      Bobby Pichergill
      Phillip Paulwell
      Colin Campbell.
      Norton Hinds

They also want to question PM Golding.

Comment

Dem people tek corruption seriously. However fraud, corruption and mismanagement were posthumously removed from the patois dictionary.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Let us see how far di PNP want to tek di 'Dual Citizenship ting...'

Bruce seh yuh mekking a move for mi pawn.. but yuh leaving yuh knight exposed.

I understand the Dutch have information to the level of the Hotel room # in New York where a certain meeting took place plus info on multiple bank accounts....

Comment

Bulbgate and the Storm in a Teacup

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            is guilty of bribing the fomer gov't. What a prehke
            Would be great if you would post the source article or a link instead of just a provocative headline.

My view is that the Trafigura affair is a storm in a teacup..... nothing will ever come out of this in Jamaica outside of bad PR and a big lesson for the PNP.
            Don't see how they can prove a quid pro quo for the supposed bribe..... unless someone recorded both sides plotting with both the bribe and payoff documented. Very unlikely.
            Also no public funds were involved. Maybe the Dutch officials are endangered but not the Jamaican.

The real scandal possibility is Bulbgate... if things are as the energy minister seems to be leading the public to believe that is definite jail bait. Public funds misdirected, personal enrichment etc

That's the 1000 lb gorilla.

Let the light shine and the chips fall where they may.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

What provocative headline are you talking about? There is no article and there is no link. It is being discussed on http://www.nationwideradiojm.com/, if yuh want yuh can tune in.

Storm inna teacup? Are you a comrade, cause thats the regular houdini line. When a police man get caught tekking a bribe, is it ... wha yuh call it? Storm inna teacup?

Comment

Pray....

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                  Would be great if you would post the source article or a link instead of just a provocative headline.

My view is that the Trafigura affair is a storm in a teacup..... nothing will ever come out of this in Jamaica outside of bad PR and a big lesson for the PNP.
                  Don't see how they can prove a quid pro quo for the supposed bribe..... unless someone recorded both sides plotting with both the bribe and payoff documented. Very unlikely.
                  Also no public funds were involved. Maybe the Dutch officials are endangered but not the Jamaican.

The real scandal possibility is Bulbgate... if things are as the energy minister seems to be leading the public to believe that is definite jail bait. Public funds misdirected, personal enrichment etc

That's the 1000 lb gorilla.

Let the light shine and the chips fall where they may.
                  No Don, there are VERY serious consequences for Corp. bribery in OECD countries! Consequently, they will have to defend themselves vigourously and so may attempt to undercut the PNP story and at the least damage the party's credibility further. What if they show evidence (even drummed up) that the payment was for a commercial transaction after the PNP has strenuously denied this? Then we talking real problems as PNP business and Govt business would overlap...

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    No Don, there are VERY serious consequences for Corp. bribery in OECD countries! Consequently, they will have to defend themselves vigourously and so may attempt to undercut the PNP story and at the least damage the party's credibility further. What if they show evidence (even drummed up) that the payment was for a commercial transaction after the PNP has strenuously denied this? Then we talking real problems as PNP business and Govt business would overlap...
                    Since the PNP is a political party and does not have commercial operations.... (not even in Jamaica much less in Europe) I really don't see the danger for them ASSUMING credible evidence of bribery exists.

Just my take.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

What provocative headline are you talking about? There is no article and there is no link. It is being discussed on http://www.nationwideradiojm.com/, if yuh want yuh can tune in.

Storm inna teacup? Are you a comrade, cause thats the regular houdini line. When a police man get caught tekking a bribe, is it ... wha yuh call it? Storm inna teacup?
                      Don't get so excited.

Yes my opinion is that the headline (apparently not yours) is provocative because it draws a definitive conclusion on a matter of burning interest in Jamaica.

You should have named the source or provided the link initially for the benefit of the board.

Comment

Heh, heh.

If it looks like sh1t and smells like sh1t some of us don't need to taste it to make the call....

The earth is round.. truss mi...

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                          Don't get so excited.

Yes my opinion is that the headline (apparently not yours) is provocative because it draws a definitive conclusion on a matter of burning interest in Jamaica.

You should have named the source or provided the link initially for the benefit of the board.
                          Its a conclusion by the dutch investigators. I don't see what yuh fussing bout. Wait, I thought it was a "storm in a teacup!" suh how its now a matter of burning interest?

Nuh bother fuss about the source, during the elections we heard that one of the newscaster is a disgruntled PNP who couldn't wait his turn. When unuh see it in the Observer tomorrow, we'll hear more anancy stories bout Butch.

Comment

Its a conclusion by the dutch investigators. I don't see what yuh fussing bout. Wait, I thought it was a "storm in a teacup!" suh how its now a matter of burning interest?

Nuh bother fuss about the source, during the elections we heard that one of the newscaster is a disgruntled PNP who couldn't wait his turn. When unuh see it in the Observer tomorrow, we'll hear more anancy stories bout Butch.
                            Let me help you ..... storm in a teacup essentially means that nothing will come out of this situation other than a few reports which will gather dust somewhere... just my evaluation of the publicly available facts.
                            My assessment of this as a "storm in a teacup" has nothing to do with the current level of public interest.

Bulbgate is potentially very different..... criminal prosecution and/or the destruction of political careers can result IF the minister is to be believed. Let's see what transpires.

I am not as interested in political point scoring as you seem to be .... it just doesn't do much for me but ...... knock yourself out if that's what revs your engine.

Comment

Only problem with your theory is that a 1st World Country is in the mix....

Comment

Working...
                              X