Let me try this again.. Jawge Mosiah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me try this again.. Jawge Mosiah

Innovation.. thinking outside the box....

Man ah Yard.. Man Abroad...

Shaw told Tuesday's post-Cabinet press briefing at Jamaica House that after raising the issue at last month's meeting of Commonwealth Finance Ministers in Guyana, he took the issue to the annual meeting of the International Monetary Fund/World Bank in Washington, which followed.

He said that discussions were also held with the leadership of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in Washington.

"I put the argument, I believe, quite persuasively," Shaw said.
    He was supported by other Caribbean countries represented at the meeting in Washington, including three Caricom prime ministers who are also Ministers of finance - Roosevelt Skerrit of Dominica, Dr Keith Mitchell of Grenada and Dr Denzil Douglas of St Kitts/Nevis - all of whom attended a luncheon where they met with senior members of the World Bank.

"The ministers present asked me, in my capacity as minister of finance for Jamaica, to in fact lead the initiative to the multilaterals, because quite a number of our sister Caribbean countries are in a similar position. They have asked me to, in fact, lead an initiative, as a Caribbean initiative, to the multilaterals. That, in fact, is going to be done," Shaw said.
    He said that the multilaterals felt that it would make more sense to approach the issue on a regional basis rather than as a Jamaican initiative.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...UNTERPARTS.asp

Focus now Jawge.. comments related to this article if you can..
Working...
X