Casting pearls before swine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casting pearls before swine

Jawge, Karl.. don't try and understand it.. is a different paradigm than what you are used to.

Innovation.. thinking outside the box....

Man ah Yard.. Man Abroad...

Shaw told Tuesday's post-Cabinet press briefing at Jamaica House that after raising the issue at last month's meeting of Commonwealth Finance Ministers in Guyana, he took the issue to the annual meeting of the International Monetary Fund/World Bank in Washington, which followed.

He said that discussions were also held with the leadership of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in Washington.

"I put the argument, I believe, quite persuasively," Shaw said.
    He was supported by other Caribbean countries represented at the meeting in Washington, including three Caricom prime ministers who are also Ministers of finance - Roosevelt Skerrit of Dominica, Dr Keith Mitchell of Grenada and Dr Denzil Douglas of St Kitts/Nevis - all of whom attended a luncheon where they met with senior members of the World Bank.

"The ministers present asked me, in my capacity as minister of finance for Jamaica, to in fact lead the initiative to the multilaterals, because quite a number of our sister Caribbean countries are in a similar position. They have asked me to, in fact, lead an initiative, as a Caribbean initiative, to the multilaterals. That, in fact, is going to be done," Shaw said.
    He said that the multilaterals felt that it would make more sense to approach the issue on a regional basis rather than as a Jamaican initiative.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...UNTERPARTS.asp

What I don't understand is that
    when the PNP was in power all the ills and woes was blamed on them. Now Bruce is sayin our present problems are due to outside influnces. What are those influences? PNP and Trafigura? I don't uderstand, pleas explain if you don't mind. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
      What I don't understand is that
      when the PNP was in power all the ills and woes was blamed on them. Now Bruce is sayin our present problems are due to outside influnces. What are those influences? PNP and Trafigura? I don't uderstand, pleas explain if you don't mind. Thanks.
      Yuh seit tuh!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Poor Governance and planning by the Party that had 18 years to prepare us.

It is one thing to be a failure.. it is another thing to support failure.

I admire your commitment.

Comment

Yuh nuh read newspaper?

Oil gone up by a third. Wheat stiock at 60 year lows, corn used as bio-fuel, we in the middle of a sub-prime financial fallout, etc.

None of these are secrets and everybody is feeling the impact. Gonsalves the PM of St Vincent is openly cussing America for using staple food for bio-fuel (especially as it is uneconomical and heavily subsidized). TnT licking their chops at the windfall revenue from the fuel price hikes and cant find even a "fume" of LPG to supply us with. ( I would pull jamaica out of Caricom....nah serve nuh purpose for us)
          Last edited by Willi; November 13, 2007, 11:30 AM.

Comment

But you guys said you would come
            in and do better. What are these outside forces that re holding you back? Did these forces exist prior to the JLP coming to govt., or did these forces just materialise two months ago? Please hasten to educate me here. Thanks.

Comment

Willi as usual your defence is weak. Is it
              the first prices have risen? How did the PNP handle it?

Comment

G.

This is unprecedented! There is a real threat to global food security and is way bigger than Jamaica.

How did PNP handle what? ALL prices have increased enormously in Jamaica in the last 20 years. Who introduced GCT? What impact did that have on prices? How was that income used???

Did PNP inherit a $15B budget overrun or get saddled with $1trillion in debt. one has to critically analyse each situation.

Perhaps if the last Govt was busy teaching people how to fish rather than offering crumbs, we would be in a better situation now.

You are interested in defending a Party, I am not. Golding and his Govt will stand on their own accomplishments. I stand as an outside observer making my own dispassionate judgements.
                Last edited by Willi; November 13, 2007, 11:23 AM.

Comment

The impact of them have intensified since.

Did the rains of the last 2 months occur before or after elections. When did Dean hit, was it not a week or 2 BEFORE elections?

You forming the fool now.

Comment

Please state clearly the point you are trying to make.

Try not to be vague.

When you make reference to a situation, please provide as much information as possible, so that a proper response can be given.

Please be cognizant of the fact that you have an 18 year history of failure on one end of the scale.

It might give you pause.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      G.

This is unprecedented! There is a real threat to global food security and is way bigger than Jamaica.

How did PNP handle what? ALL prices have increased enormously in Jamaica in the last 20 years. Who introduced GCT? What impact that that have on prices? How was that income used???

Did PNP inherit a $15B budget overrun or get saddled with $1trillion in debt. one has to critically analyse each situation.

Perhaps if the last Govt was busy teaching people how to fish rather than offering crumbs, we would be in abetter situation now.

You are interested in defending a Party, i am not. Golding and his Govt will stand on their own accomplishments. I stand as an outside observer making my own dispassionate judegments.
                      Can you imagine what would have happened to prices over the last 20 years if China did not enter the mix ?

Mi tell it straight.. without the China equation and Remittance, these jokers like Karl and Jawge would be bemoaning how Jamaica got to the level of Haiti...

I don't blame the PNP Politicians so much so than their sychophants.. lost souls from the 'Revolution'.. their heads so far up they cannot recognize the stench...

Comment

Willi you seem to be missing the point:
                        Is it the first there is a worldwide price increase? These debts you mention; how did the PNP handle it and hold down prices at the same time? From where I stand you seem to be saying the JLP cannot handle present day economy and finances.

Comment

So now it's the rain that cuases
                          the sliding dollar and increase in prices? I may just need to speak with the senior labourites because you are insulting me, willi.

Comment

What I am saying is that the PNP handled things badly and so we are in the present nigh-untenable situation.

If you cant see that, then I cant redeem you. Sorry.

Comment

What is your Agenda ?

Comment

Working...
                              X