Ready For The Clash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready For The Clash

As the atmosphere intensifies in anticipation of some big clashes at Sting this year, deejay Spice has already began to ruffle a few feathers with her latest single,I'm Back.

In the song, Spice lashes out at a woman whom many believe to be fellow artiste and Beenie Man's estranged wife, D'Angel.

The two have been at odds since allegations that Beenie Man solicited Spice shortly after the couple's 2006 nuptials.

In a section of her song, Spice declares,

"Dem time a year yah, mi mean mi nuh share yah

Raffling a gwaan, dem nuh know dem babyfadda

Zagga gi yuh Range but yuh shoulda get a Lada

Guh tek back yuh ring, she a nuh wife (hiss teeth)"

According to Spice, "the idea for the song came about because of what she (D'Angel) said in the paper. A sey mi a gyal an dem ting deh, so that's where the idea came from."

In an earlier interview with THE STAR following a stage show at which D'Angel was booed and Spice lashed out at her, D'Angel was quoted as saying, "Shi (Spice) just gi birth. She fi stop act like a gal. Act like a mother and be more supportive of women. Di same ting weh happen to me can happen to her. She constantly trying to diss mi and mi nuh si har. Shi fi clean up har act man. Mi neva trouble dis gal."

Spice, however, admitted that she was not the one who wrote the scathing lyrics and that the song is not directed at D'Angel.

"Ghandi wrote the song and he called me up and made me hear it and I liked the vibes, but the song is not directed at any one particular person but if somebody waan pick out a part an sey a dem mi a talk, who di cap fit, let dem wear it, cause mi neva call nuh nameÉbut the song is basically letting everybody know that I am back."

However, Spice, who, along with D'Angel is on the line-up for Sting, says she is ready for anything at the traditionally hardcore show.

"Any ting a any ting," Spice said, "Who waan bring it, bring it, mi nah back from nutt'n."

Spice continued, "I've been away for five months an a ten tune a day mi write suh sen dem fi come run up inna dis. Nuffy sey dem sey dem a guh beat mi, an dem know who 'dem' is, suh when dem ready dem fi come, cause dem si weak fence suh dem fi come skate it. Don't trouble trouble till trouble trouble you. Mi modda tell mi sey when mi si fiya mi fi out it."

In the meantime, rumours have also been spiralling that persons affiliated with Sting have begged Spice to 'ease off' D'Angel's back for the time being as there was hope of organizing a clash between D'Angel and her nemesis Barbee.

It is widely believed that Beenie's relationship with Barbee was a factor in the breakdown of the marriage.

However, when Spice was asked to confirm whether or not these rumours were true, she declined to comment saying, "mi cyan talk bout dat."

D'Angel, who confirmed that she would in fact be on Sting this year however says she is not preparing for a clash.

"Me always keep my ting clean. I do good music and I aim to entertain and please my fans, that's it. Right now I'm going for the Grammys. Dem ting deh (clashing) don't put you anywhereÉI'm not in it for the hype, I'm in it for the longevityÉI promote good music, nothing else. I'm not known to be a clash artiste, that's not my style," she told The STAR.

"If somebody walk out pon mi (at Sting) mi a guh lef di stage gi dem," she said.

Efforts to reach Isiah Laing of Supreme Promotions, the body responsible for staging Sting, were unsuccessful, as he was said to be out of office for the day and his cell phone went straight to voicemail.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

"Right now I'm going for the Grammys" WTF? Was she making a joke? I haven't heard a song from this girl that is worthy of playing anywhere, much less to be award for her talentless efforts?

Grammy? kiss teet.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

At least you know what she sound like...
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Lazie yu never know. Life Funny.

If Bobby Mcferren could have grammy with 'be happy" and Lou Vega had number one hit song then it is possible
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Lazie yu never know. Life Funny.

If Bobby Mcferren could have grammy with 'be happy" and Lou Vega had number one hit song then it is possible
          Don't worry be happy was a clever, unique tune. To this day I still sing it.

Mambo #5? A wha duh yuh? There goes a song that tek up any race .. any generation. What nerve to compare these songs to a talentless D Angel?

Comment

as you say it only take one clever song and that is it no matter how much bad one you sing
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh ever hear D Angel yet? Bredren, she nuh dat clever.

Comment

You mean Lou Bega. Anyway, I thought Mambo No. 5 was quite a good one-hit-wonder. And if you put a Karlesque spin to it, Don't Worry Be Happy can be considered a classic!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

unnu can gwaan, you get a good Sly and Robbie riddim and somebody fi pen something fi you anything can happen.

I am not trying to convince you that she is good but one hit wonders are real.

Comment

yeah I love them but a 10 year old could a write them. A good riddim and some luck with promotion goes a far way.

Comment

Working...
                    X