RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash Plus or Minus? The beginning of the end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash Plus or Minus? The beginning of the end.

Will the real Carlos Hill please stand up?

Friday, November 09, 2007

Case 42 F.3d page 914 reads: "United States of America (Plaintiff-Appellee vs Carlos Hill, (Defendant-Appellant).
    United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, January 9, 1995 (Page 915)".

Indicted on 14 counts, Hill pleaded guilty to the first: conspiracy to commit wire fraud, in violation of 18 USC Sections 371 and 1343.

The factual basis for the plea may be briefly summarised as follows: Between May and December 1990, co-defendant David Arthur Lloyd represented to Hill that a person (fictitious) owned Government National Mortgage Association (GNMA) securities, and had executed a trust agreement, assigning the securities to Lloyd or his company, as trustee. Lloyd obtained valid GNMA pool numbers and used them to create the necessary documents, such as negotiable promissory notes and pledge agreements.

Hill, who became aware of the fraudulent nature of the scheme, agreed with Lloyd to 'rent' the GNMA securities to individuals or companies who needed assets for use as collateral, or to enhance their balance sheets. In December 1993, the district court sentenced Hill to 57 months' imprisonment with the sentence to run consecutively to a prior undischarged sentence of imprisonment imposed by a federal court in New Jersey for an unrelated offence.

In short, what this Carlos Hill did was to use dubious assets to make balance sheets look better than they really were, in other words he created an illusion which constituted a deception. No reputable auditor would ever put his or her name over the accounts of an entity that has a dodgy reputation - not a PriceWaterhouseCoopers, not an Ernst&Young, not a Deloitte. The quality and reputation of an auditor's signature over the accounts is always a telling story.

This story (with no byline... typical unprofessional Observer style) appeared with another (also critical of Cash Plus and reporting bank's reluctance to process their cheques) in todays Observer.

I can see the crisis of confidence gathering steam which will lead to the dissolution of this House of Cards.... in maybe a week or four.

Bank run anyone?
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

1995?!? Cho!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think it is. It look like someone or some group out to sink them though, but the ponzi scheme would have to come tumbling down eventually.

Watch for the bawling for bailouts when the s!*t hit the fan.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Sink them.. or sink the depositors ?

Comment

You right, he probably has already secured the private jet to pick him up at an undisclosed location.

I can't sorry for the depositors this time, they were warned over and over that they were not dealing with a regulated institution. Give the previous govt their due with that one. At some point you have to be held accountable for your actions.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
            Sink them.. or sink the depositors ?
            You boys where giving tacit approval to these schemes...so step up like a man and say "we encouraged the rape of the people"!

No one will forget the attacks on Omar and the PNP over this! Even Mark Wilmott joined in the attacks. I notice that lately he has joined Omar's and the PNP's course on this!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

This past week I spoke to about three depositors in Cash Plus and the Argentine Idol scheme, all women and all are not concerned that they can fail and those could lose big time.

They all say they are gamblers and willing to take the risk associated with the schemes.

I almost joined Swiss Cash and all but went to JMMB to pick up my cheque when I got busy and hesitated, next thing I heard they had closed down the system....PHEW
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                They all say they are gamblers and willing to take the risk associated with the schemes.
                Good to know that they consider themselves gamblers, but people generally think they are more risk tolerant than they really are when big money is being made. As soon as things start reversing then our TRUE risk tolerance is tested.

Comment

That is what I think too, one person said her cheque from the Argentine thing was late this month but she is Ok as log as it got there...
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Oh shut up..

The point I am making is that persons purposefully trying to start a run are only going to end up hurting the likkle man...

What rape di people more than your Govt Bond scheme ?

Comment

"The point I am making is that persons purposefully trying to start a run are only going to end up hurting the likkle man..."

So right! But once again, Butch has taken the lead in doing so, it appears.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

and that is the other active Smear Campaign going on...

One wonders the motives...

Comment

I notice this new Government has floated two medium range bonds just this past week...
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

do you have a point ?

Or are you just showing off your 'observation skills' ?

Comment

Fly by night hypocrite...you are here criticing the PNP's floating of bonds and ignore the fact that your government has continued doing it...
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X