Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You not going to get no water if you don't vote for Kern."

Cry me a river

My Friend P and I could only but laugh out loud on Tuesday night as we watched the grown Kern Spencer shed tears in the House of Parliament.

The youthful Member of Parliament was weeping while the current available facts surrounding the case of the Cuban Bulbs for which 'nuff nuff' money appears to have been wantonly spent was being outlined by the Minister of Energy.

Young Kern is embroiled at the centre of accusations of some type of wrongdoing and facts from Kern's side are yet to be brought to book.
    I checked myself though and said it is quite unkind to be laughing at young Kern as possibly his tears are a sign of his anger at his innocence in the face of these accusations that suggest that he has done something wrong. As his colleague Lisa Hanna so eloquently put it in her post Parliament interview: "He must have been suffering intense hurt."

Yeah, I checked myself and then I cracked up again. Not that it is funny to see a big man cry - because actually it is not. But rather it is hilarious to see politicians cry.

I always remember the Ben Clare tears during the 'Furniture Scandal' as being funny too. For now though, coming on the heels of the general election television ad campaign where dearest Kern was one of the star performers in an opposition ad I am sorry but it is all too hilarious.

Remember the excerpt with frankly-speaking-believe-me-or-be-quiet A.J. Nicholson, "You not going to get no water if you don't vote for Kern." We hear that this quip was taken out of context - but whatever I found that excerpt funny - it was amusing because of what was said and most definitely Nicholson's excellent delivery.

And after Kern's hollering on Tuesday in the most honourable house it is even funnier now. "You not going to get no 'eye water' if you don't vote for Kern", the post Kern Spencer hollering in Parliament revision of the ad.
    But I don't understand Kernie, they did vote for you! What you crying for?
    Truth is though that what Kernie and Ben have attempted to illustrate in their heart-felt reaction in front of the public eye is that politicians, odd creatures that they come across to us as, are human too. Yeah, they hurt, get embarrassed, feel cute like everyone else. That is the lesson in Kernie's tears.

Of course Kern, if it turns out that you are really to be held accountable here - sorry but not even crocodile tears should save your hide. But, since I am confident that the average Jamaican man would not cry in public as he did - I wait anxiously to hear his side.

Email comments to: myfriendp@hotmail.com

BLACK LIVES MATTER

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X