Observer's petty shenanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observer's petty shenanigans

Butch has a minor public spat with Frank Pringle over the Lynch/JTB conflict of interest issue............ presto.... this "anonymous" letter is printed and given prominence in today's Observer:

Pity poor Frank Pringle, the water boy

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Dear Editor,

It was nice to hear from Frank Pringle in a letter to The Gleaner on November 7, 2007, although once again his utterance was nothing more than an empty, irrelevant whisper. But quite frankly, it is now time for him to quiet down. We do not want to be reminded of his tenure as minister of tourism.

He succeeded both Anthony Abrahams and Hugh Hart, whose shoes would have been a tall order for anyone, but especially for him, to fill.

They both applied a combination of intelligence and savvy to the benefit of the industry and ultimately the growth and development of Jamaica.

Then along came Frank, floating on his family's name, equipped with a game plan that was as light as a feather and an attitude as frivolous as froth. Frankly, Frank may very well go down in history as a water boy. and worse yet, John Issa's water boy!

So the fellow should enjoy this time of his life, throw a party, read a book, write a poem, but for goodness' sake, stay out of the arena, about which he knows nothing. the public.
    Hush now, Frank, and forever hold your peace!

Port Antonio hotelier

What genuine, self-respecting, standards observant newspaper would print such a blatantly self-serving fabrication? ...... answer....NONE.

Sad to see this newspaper turned into a prostitute, whose primary client is the owner.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

A similar letter was published in the Gleaner too.

Butch's letter was also published in the Gleaner.

Almost everything makes it into the letter sections.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      A similar letter was published in the Gleaner too.

Butch's letter was also published in the Gleaner.

Almost everything makes it into the letter sections.
      You really believe that "almost everything" makes it into the letter section?
      I have a bridge to sell you down Bog Walk way!

There is a reason the Observer disabled their feedback feature .... they want to control the message..... just as they would wish to control the message presented by the letters.

My point is that a responsible newspaper would not print an "anonymous" letter attacking the character of a man recently involved in an argument with a principal of said newspaper. It shreds journalistic ethics.

The Observer is an bloody rag. (not too far from a tampon?)

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        I have a bridge to sell you down Bog Walk way!

You are so right about the Observer. It has become even worse than the Star or XNews. At least, with those tabloids, you know what you are getting, and they don't try too fool anyone into thinking they are supposed to be a respected daily with credible, worthwhile information.

I belatedly welcome you to this forum. Your insight is top notch!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

You are so right about the Observer. It has become even worse than the Star or XNews. At least, with those tabloids, you know what you are getting, and they don't try too fool anyone into thinking they are supposed to be a respected daily with credible, worthwhile information.

I belatedly welcome you to this forum. Your insight is top notch!
          I just call 'em as I see 'em.... but thanks for the support.

Comment

LoL

You may be correct, but we cant be sure.

Tourism interests in Jamaica have long been super-competitive and sniping.

Comment

Based on the quality of letters I have seen in the Gleaner, Observer and Herald, yeah, I would say anything goes.

Comment

LoL

You may be correct, but we cant be sure.

Tourism interests in Jamaica have long been super-competitive and sniping.
                That may be so but using a major newspaper to malign someone you don't agree with via "anonymous" letters is absolutely unethical... For the newspaper.

Comment

Based on the quality of letters I have seen in the Gleaner, Observer and Herald, yeah, I would say anything goes.
                  Whey yu hav can gimmie fi Flat Bridge? No reasonable offer refused.

Comment

That is my point.

We dont know if this is so. There really could be a Portland Tourism mogul that does NOT like Pringle. That person would logically see this as a great opportunity to get his licks in.

Or it could be Butch/crony doing unethical extra licks.

It bears watching...

Comment

LoL

Never said I was betting the farm, just that all kinds of almshouse make it into the letter section. Take a random sample of 3 days and you will see.

It is a glorified speakers corner. No grouse refused.

Comment

That is my point.

We dont know if this is so. There really could be a Portland Tourism mogul that does NOT like Pringle. That person would logically see this as a great opportunity to get his licks in.

Or it could be Butch/crony doing unethical extra licks.

It bears watching...
                        One only has to look at how the letter is headlined to see the editor's intent.

If this was an isolated example of self serving unprofessionalism by the Observer I could agree with your uncertainty BUT the trend they have established is clear.

Power corrupts as we know and Butch has embraced this apparently benign but actually insidious corruption by manipulating one of our 2 dailies to foist his personal viewpoints and interests on the nation.

This is very unhealthy for the country and should be exposed.

Comment

Well,

I wont squeal too loudly on Stewart's behalf, as everyone needs limits from time to time...

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                            Power corrupts as we know and Butch has embraced this apparently benign but actually insidious corruption by manipulating one of our 2 dailies to foist his personal viewpoints and interests on the nation.
                            A who fah newspaper?

Comment

Bwaahahha !! Haahha HHaaa !!

Whoeee !!

'..Very Unhealthy for the country..'

Where have you been the last 18 years... oh.. that's right Butch was in good stead for most of that period..

Why do you people have to be so obvious.. must be the 18 years of power...

Bulb Scandal shows just how careless unnuh have become wid di almshouse..

Poor Butch.. fallen afoul of the 'beloved' party.. and the sycophants are earning their pay...

Comment

Working...
                              X