PNP President to receive report on Cuban Light Bulb Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    So...'errors' were made by both parties - the one that supplied the services 'double billed' and the one that paid the same and or duplicate invoices more than once.

Let us keep our peace and let the chips fall where they may.
    Is the action DELIBERATE or a conveniently skillful attempt to cover-up fraud
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
      On a serious note: it look
      like unnuh waan Burrell fi run di govt. What will Trafigura and light bulbs
      do for JA? NOT a DAMN thing.
      Jawge, what is new? Anything of importance always fly over your head.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Such as fixing the roads,
        initiating a program to train our young boys with quality education? We need our engineering students to coopt or start in apprenticeship programmes. We need certified eletricians,plumbers, mechanics and electronics technicians. This way we can embark on putting street lights all over the island (cut insurance costs and enable tourists to navigate better) I could go on but I see you are very busy with the light bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          Such as fixing the roads,
          initiating a program to train our young boys with quality education? We need our engineering students to coopt or start in apprenticeship programmes. We need certified eletricians,plumbers, mechanics and electronics technicians. This way we can embark on putting street lights all over the island (cut insurance costs and enable tourists to navigate better) I could go on but I see you are very busy with the light bulbs.
          Obviously yuh been in the cave too long. Time yuh start paying attention to when the gov't talk.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

So you blame this crew that is in power for 2 months while you are calling for the return of the other crew of 18 years tenure who did NOT do these things AND probably fraudulently appropriated taxpayers money.

You CANNOT be serious!!

There is no reasoning with you.

Comment

" We need certified eletricians,plumbers, mechanics and electronics technicians"

Mi read a few comrades saying Pernel Charles have only bark ... no bite. How long now Pernel a minister, yet him talk of a plan to work with HEART to deal with this? Anybody can tek Jawge serious?

Comment

I was just going to ask if the little 100 million over-invoicing here and there on unimportant things over the years could have helped to finance the more important things now?

Comment

What's a couple million between friends? Chickenfeed compared to the debt.

Memba mi TOLL yuh. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    Also, Mullings showed Jakan invoices (Kern's people) for payment for expenses for Cubans. Meanwhile the Cuban Govt have confirmed that THEY covered all expenses for their people.

The other point is that the GOJ requested the use of the Cubans, while Paulwell had announced in Parliament that it was a REQUIREMENT by the Cubans to have their people come to do the installations. This is turning into a real circus, with international relations being put to the test. Very embarrassing.
                    '

Seems crazy too...

Imagine an announcement in parliament givng fasle information on what the Cubans promised when you are dead sure the Cubans would have ot comment on that announcement?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It all depends on what you KNOW to be false...

Comment

Karl is talented. Is di same way he can make an ordinary game from Tappa look like the best thing ever.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          '

Seems crazy too...

Imagine an announcement in parliament givng fasle information on what the Cubans promised when you are dead sure the Cubans would have ot comment on that announcement?

If the PNP had won the last election, we likely would not even have heard about any of this!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                            I must now unequivically admit you are the best. "Breakdowns in invoicing and collections". I am dying with laughter you tek serious tings mek joke. If Sadam did have you instead of Chemical Ali all now him neck wouldnt pop.
                            '"Poison Gas? what poison gas that was just a breakdown in plane emmissions over Kurdistan a far cry from genocide". I bow to you sir the PNP is in good hands carry on in opposition never-never land.
                            I suppose you have in your possession - not media reports and TV clips...but irrefutable documentation that crimes were committed?

Who knows perhaps someone out there has information of equal standard on you? ...and, you would in your own mind then weep and claim yourself "guilty as sin".

I am saying, sir - No more or less...that on the media evidence presented, under similar circumstances, I hope none would find any of us guilty of a crime. I would hope a thorough investigation would be done and based on that - a determination taken.

This willingness to circle like wild animals does prey based on snipets in the media and or rumours is unhealthy. I thought it was given a 'man is presumed innocent until proven guilty'....not 'guilty until proven innocent'?
                            Perhaps, as it is a member of a government that all many like to hate a new dispensation is now the order of the day! It was not so long ago that our forefathers lived in a climate where many of them paid for 'crimes' they did not commit. I though we had long gotten past those days...it seems I am mistaken.
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What you should ask yourself is when over the last eighteen years did the PNP become the JLP. You now sound like Ben when he asks what crime did Babsy commit?. Let's assume you are correct, that the over invoicing was a 'breakdown' that the fact that the amounts were paid without tender was also a 'collection error' that the fact that the companies being paid had connections to members of government whose purview the project came under was one of those innocent coincidences and the fact that the Cuban government paid their own nationals in contradiction to what was stated on the invoice was probably an error in 'communication'. All this begs the question why is this government so incompetent. This is not the first and the excuses are always the same. At some point perception becomes reality.

This was a poor poeple project and this is the f.....king PNP for godsake. Doesnt that bother you? I am sure it bothers the Cubans. At what time in the PNP did spin and plausible deniability become paramount.

Comment

All now nuhbaddy can answer my question to Jawge.

Jawge seh Babsy should be charged.

My question is charged with what ?????

Comment

Working...
                                X