X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    Never heard this!
    Not surprized!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Never heard this!
      Have you heard now? Have you glimpsed the fyah to go along with the smoke yet? Like I said a defining moment for the PNP and so far what? I suspect the prepared spin had to be hastily withdrawn with the latest bombshell in Parliament. Pathetic is being too kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
        Have you heard now? Have you glimpsed the fyah to go along with the smoke yet? Like I said a defining moment for the PNP and so far what? I suspect the prepared spin had to be hastily withdrawn with the latest bombshell in Parliament. Pathetic is being too kind.
        Rudi, I'm not certain they were prepared to make a presentation yesterday. According to one report, both Kern and Paulwell each submitted a report and Portia has formed a committee that includes the likes of Omar, Peter Phillips, Easton Douglas to name a few to review these reports. I guess after they're finished there will be a presentation or .... another committee will be formed to review the report by the review committee.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
          Does the following surprise you? - So far no one has been charged...and, thus far based on media reports, no evidence of "fraud" has been shown.

Who knows the youngster may have broken down and cried in parliament because he believes his good name is being sullied.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Anything is possible, but it does not look good for him. Not by a long shot.

Also, I heard (in the news)that Paulwell's report was short and lacking in details!!!

Comment

Does the following surprise you? - So far no one has been charged...and, thus far based on media reports, no evidence of "fraud" has been shown.

Who knows the youngster may have broken down and cried in parliament because he believes his good name is being sullied.

Are you for real Karl? NNN, last evening and this morning was going through a document with numerous duplicate payments.

Comment

Also, Mullings showed Jakan invoices (Kern's people) for payment for expenses for Cubans. Meanwhile the Cuban Govt have confirmed that THEY covered all expenses for their people.

The other point is that the GOJ requested the use of the Cubans, while Paulwell had announced in Parliament that it was a REQUIREMENT by the Cubans to have their people come to do the installations. This is turning into a real circus, with international relations being put to the test. Very embarrassing.

Comment

Do you honestly believe you do the PNP any good by doing this? Duplicate invoices, plus ( and this one is a classic) the invoices were for reimbursement of the cost of the Cuban volunteers. The Cuban government has stated categorically that this was a gift to the people of Jamaica and they covered all the expenses of their nationals. How do you think they feel about this version of the PNP now. There is now a whole generation of PNP people who need to be put out to pasture. All they can now do is come up with implausable defenses for the indefensible. Unuh remind me of rent a car Babsy to Rhatid. dinassours fi true.

Comment

Bwoy Rudi, I can only hope this is the start of the dinosaur eradication programme.

Nuff of them lightweight and dont contribute a thing, except for posing.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      Anything is possible, but it does not look good for him. Not by a long shot.

Also, I heard (in the news)that Paulwell's report was short and lacking in details!!!
                      I am not saying these boys' actions are not part and parcel of "corruption abounds" climate...

...but, it is a far cry from deliberately forming a company to take advantage of known transactions requiring services that the formed company can supply, having 'breakdowns' in 'invoicing and collections department', submitting invoices and being paid...and being found to have done something criminally wrong.
                      Last edited by Karl; November 8, 2007, 09:09 AM.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not a FAR cry, but I agree that it is not the same. We shall see...as the matter unfolds.

It certainly warrants deeeeep scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          Are you for real Karl? NNN, last evening and this morning was going through a document with numerous duplicate payments.

So...'errors' were made by both parties - the one that supplied the services 'double billed' and the one that paid the same and or duplicate invoices more than once.

Let us keep our peace and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

So...'errors' were made by both parties - the one that supplied the services 'double billed' and the one that paid the same and or duplicate invoices more than once.

Let us keep our peace and let the chips fall where they may.
                            Okay Karl.

Comment

I must now unequivically admit you are the best. "Breakdowns in invoicing and collections". I am dying with laughter you tek serious tings mek joke. If Sadam did have you instead of Chemical Ali all now him neck wouldnt pop.
                              '"Poison Gas? what poison gas that was just a breakdown in plane emmissions over Kurdistan a far cry from genocide". I bow to you sir the PNP is in good hands carry on in opposition never-never land.

Comment

On a serious note: it look
                                like unnuh waan Burrell fi run di govt. What will Trafigura and light bulbs
                                do for JA? NOT a DAMN thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X