Devil find werk fi idle hands, unnuh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devil find werk fi idle hands, unnuh

read below. Mo yuh waan jine dis club? Yuh Ahffi go pull inna Range rover sport boss LOL.

Power Plate ...A deceptively tough workout
    DANIA BOGLE, Thursday Life reporter
    Thursday, November 01, 2007

Instructors Suzanne and Rose massage my legs and thighs in the final stages of a workout on the Power Plate.
    Deceptive. It's the only word I could think of as I tried the new Power Plate machine at the In Motion Dance & Fitness Centre.
    The machine looked so simple and unimposing when I looked at it in one of the workout rooms at the Village Plaza-based centre, that I would never have thought that it could cause one to break into a sweat after so seemingly little effort.
    I knew this would be a different kind of workout the minute the brief warm-up was over. Little more than a minute spent on the machine in stretching, contracting and relaxing had me gasping for breath.
    Here I am standing in the beginner's position on the Power Plate just before my workout starts. Photos-(Lionel Rookwood)
    "I'm not that unfit!," I thought. "I'm usually at least three-quarters of the way up the mile-high trek to Mountain Spring before I get to this point."
    But that is the beauty or should I say, the secret of Power Plate. The machine consists of handles and a vibrating platform on which you stand while assuming various positions. It employs whole-body vibration to contract muscles 30 to 50 times per second. While standing on the moving plates with knees bent, the continual vibration causes you to tense and relax your muscles to keep your balance.
    In Motion acquired two Power Plate machines last week.
    Owner Suzanne Mahfood told Thursday Life that the technology was developed several years ago by Russian scientists as a way to help astronauts keep their muscles toned, which they tend to lose after spending weeks being weightless while on missions in outer space.
    I was almost embarrassed, when, after Rose Tavares-Finson, with whom I spent an hour doing the Colorgized Spin at Shakti last week, had told Suzanne how fit I was, and that she could give me a harder workout, while there I was practically falling off the machine and panting away after only a few minutes.

Both Suzanne and Rose have gone through the 20- hour - 12 training and 8 practical - certification programme for Power Plate instruction and do the class at the centre.
    It was enough to have Observer photographer Lionel Rookwood laughing at me.

"You should spend five minutes on this thing," I told him. "You wouldn't believe that it works you harder than it appears."
    Suzanne Mahfood helps me through one of the exercises on the Power Plate at In Motion Dance & Fitness Centre.
    Health benefits are said to include weight loss, muscle toning (which Suzanne says will happen quicker than normal while using the machine), reduced cellulite, increased bone density (which makes it great for women as we are prone to osteoporosis) and increased serotonin levels.
    Low serotonin levels are said to be associated with several mood disorders including aggressive and angry behaviours, clinical depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, as well as migraines.
    According to the Power Plate website, this piece of equipment is backed by 40 years of research that shows "vibration training enables users to achieve a higher level of fitness."
    Rose pointed out that it's the reason you can get such a good workout after only half-an-hour.
    The UK-based newspaper Daily Mail reported last year that pop singer Madonna - have you seen her arms lately? - had been singing the praises of the machine.
    Other celebrities who reportedly use Power Plate are hip-hop stars P Diddy and Timbaland, golfer Tiger Woods, and British model Elle McPherson.
    "It's good for a lot of different types of people...for all fitness levels," Suzanne said as she shared the story of one of her 70-year-old female clients to whom she introduced the machine.
    "We put it on the lowest setting for her...it helps to get circulation going and helps bone density," she added.
    I ran into one of her other clients, Yvonne Kerr, in the locker room and she told me that she had tried the Power Plate for the first time just the night before.
    "I wanted to do a session twice a week but Suzanne told me once per week would be enough," Yvonne said, while singing the praises of the machine.
    The best part of this workout was at the end, when I lay flat first on my back, then both sides, then my stomach, as I let the Power Plate, Rose and Suzanne, massage my legs and thighs.

The vibrating sensation made me want to laugh, but my legs itched in much the same way they do when I go walking in the hills after a long break. I could almost feel my pores opening up and breathing again.
    The Power Plate may not be a substitute for a good old-fashioned walk, run or an hour's aerobic and strength training in the gym, but if spending time on it enhances your workout, then I would definitely recommend at least giving it a go.

Heh heh! I used to be a member of that club. Dat was way before di Escalade too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hilarious...

look like mi gwine affi move tuh jamaica... wanda if de 'zephyr2' wi mek it...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Zephyr - wikkid car. Karl did have one, I think!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Where is the Devils work in this ?

I think you should be concerned about other 'idle hands'....

Comment

Hypergravity machines are better and cheaper.

Google it to see.

Comment

Working...
            X