Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocho Rios beautification programme on hold

Friday, 26 October 2007

The planned beautification programme which was set to get underway Friday in the resort town of Ocho Rios has been delayed.

RJR News has been informed that arrangements have not been completed for the project begin.

This has resulted in it being pushed back by a week.

Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett had announced that the Tourism Resort Area Beautification Programme would have been intensified in preparation for the upcoming winter tourist season.

It was expected to involve the removal of debris as well as the painting of shop fronts, walls, medians and pedestrian crossings.

It is reported that the postponement is due in part to the need for the newly installed Board of the Tourism Enhancement Fund to meet to finalise financial arrangements for the project.

The total cost of the project is $40 million.

Just over half will be provided by the Government with tourism interests finding the balance.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/2408/26/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I will be monitoring this project closely. I wish they had given us a completion date for the project though.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You have you video tape?

You want "corpie" TK as you backup? oopps no him might disappear pon you when you need him most.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        I will be monitoring this project closely. I wish they had given us a completion date for the project though.
        ... nothing wrong with that. Afterall taxpayers' money is being used. Pity unuh never suh vigilant in the past 18 years. Change is good .... all of sudden unuh have sense.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Before dem start plant flowers, they MUST deal with the SEWAGE problem flowing into the bay...thats where they should start and all those non functioning STPs.

Comment

Why do I feel dat is just flowers yuh getting?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yu tink yu can put a plaster on a sore foot?

Comment

Working...
              X