PNP confident of unseating JLP in court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP confident of unseating JLP in court

Following Thursday's declaration of victory for its candidate in East Hanover the People's National Party is expressing renewed optimism that it will unseat the Jamaica Labour Party in upcoming legal battles.

With the seat count for the JLP down to 32 and the PNP holding 28, the Opposition is looking at the pending dual citizenship challenge to further tip the scale in its favour.

PNP General Secretary Donald Buchanan on Thursday night warned the JLP that Thursday's outcome of the East Hanover magisterial recount is a sign of things to come.

In the first of the legal challenges, the Supreme Court is scheduled next week to hear the case brought by PNP Candidate for West Portland Abe Dabdoub against the JLP's Daryl Vaz.

Mr. Dabdoub is claiming that Mr. Vaz was not qualified to be nominated for the September 3 General Election as he has pledged allegiance to a foreign state.

He contends that this contravenes Section 40 of the Jamaican constitution.

And the JLP's Barrington Gray is sparing no time in filing an election petition to challenge the results of the magisterial recount in East Hanover.

Mr. Gray says his lawyers will be going to the Election Court on Monday to begin the process.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/2415/47/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I think the PM would simply call General Elections again. Nuff unthinking people gonna follow them religious leaders and complain ... mekking reference to the 1983 general election .... some people need fi ask Portia who have the powah fi call elections.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Unnu really want that?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Unnu really want that?

Want what?

Comment

And you think calling an election now would further the growth of the country?
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            And you think calling an election now would further the growth of the country?
            A comrade asking bout growth of the country? Was this a serious post?

Comment

a new election?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                a new election?
                What other solution is there? Mi know some praying that the PNP get in, but Bruce would be a fool to simply hand it over like that. Mek the people guh back to the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  I think the PM would simply call General Elections again. Nuff unthinking people gonna follow them religious leaders and complain ... mekking reference to the 1983 general election .... some people need fi ask Portia who have the powah fi call elections.
                  Unhuh Lazie I have to come down on your side on this one, this might just bite the PNP in it's tush. With the way Bruce has impressed so far and people seeing that 18 yrs of the PNP made them too complacent and cocky they might end up with less seats than they started with.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                    Unhuh Lazie I have to come down on your side on this one, this might just bite the PNP in it's tush. With the way Bruce has impressed so far and people seeing that 18 yrs of the PNP made them too complacent and cocky they might end up with less seats than they started with.
                    Oh gosh Scaly ... I was setting up Mutt and Jeff (Mosiah and Sickko), now dem see yuh post dem gonna tek 2 steps backwards.

How many parents benefit from the tuition free thing? What was the PNP's attitude? Mutt and Jeff can talk.

Comment

Following Thursday's declaration of victory for its candidate in East Hanover the People's National Party is expressing renewed optimism that it will unseat the Jamaica Labour Party in upcoming legal battles.

With the seat count for the JLP down to 32 and the PNP holding 28, the Opposition is looking at the pending dual citizenship challenge to further tip the scale in its favour.

PNP General Secretary Donald Buchanan on Thursday night warned the JLP that Thursday's outcome of the East Hanover magisterial recount is a sign of things to come.

In the first of the legal challenges, the Supreme Court is scheduled next week to hear the case brought by PNP Candidate for West Portland Abe Dabdoub against the JLP's Daryl Vaz.

Mr. Dabdoub is claiming that Mr. Vaz was not qualified to be nominated for the September 3 General Election as he has pledged allegiance to a foreign state.

He contends that this contravenes Section 40 of the Jamaican constitution.

And the JLP's Barrington Gray is sparing no time in filing an election petition to challenge the results of the magisterial recount in East Hanover.

Mr. Gray says his lawyers will be going to the Election Court on Monday to begin the process.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/2415/47/
                      Buk-Buk betta concentrate on trying to Keep Kern Spencer and Paulwell seats. I hear nuff hell popping behind the scenes.

Comment

keep seat? The amount of time the Youthful Exuberance Ministry mess up .... Paullwell should be sent into exile.

Comment

keep seat? The amount of time the Youthful Exuberance Ministry mess up .... Paullwell should be sent into exile.
                          Rumblings I hear would make the vacation of the seats just the tip of the iceburg. JAG Smith kinda implications here.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                            Rumblings I hear would make the vacation of the seats just the tip of the iceburg. JAG Smith kinda implications here.
                            I guess thats why Maudib missing? Him gone mek space unda the .......

Comment

I have feeling Bruce a tell him ministers to be quiet and take stock and report things through the right channel instead of making political noise.

Bruce seems to be deadly serious.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X