Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man a Yard, Man Abroad !

LOL !!

"Finance Minister Audley Shaw on his first mission to Washington, made a 'first class' presentation on Jamaica's economic plan to the multilaterals in Washington, says his deputy Don Wehby, that impressed the financiers.

The team returned Wednesday.

Shaw was "excellent in dealing with the multilaterals," said Wehby, Minister without Portfolio, who accompanied the Finance Minister on the trip that also included stops in New York to meet with the top investment banks - including Bear Stearns, Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, and Citibank - and rating agencies.

Even there, the reactions were positive. "The new economic team comes across as serious and knowledgeable and engaging," said Carl Ross of investment bank Bear Stearns, Thursday.

Shaw's presentation in Washington to the World Bank, International Monetary Fund and Inter-American Development Bank, covered the need for a credible debt reduction plan to reduce the cost of debt servicing, reducing the cost of electricity, the reduction of bureaucracy through ensuring an efficient, highly motivated public sector, tax reform, and aggressive investment promotion designed to create jobs.

The multilaterals, for their part, noted Jamaica's pull back from their loan programmes, but said they were positive about doing business with the island in the future, said Wehby."

This is the same man dem say studying for his CAPE?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
      "Finance Minister Audley Shaw on his first mission to Washington, made a 'first class' presentation on Jamaica's economic plan to the multilaterals in Washington, says his deputy Don Wehby
      Shaw was "excellent in dealing with the multilaterals," said Wehby.
      The multilaterals, for their part, noted Jamaica's pull back from their loan programmes, but said they were positive about doing business with the island in the future, said Wehby."
      Wehby must be the new Donald Buchanan!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, him same one!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Even there, the reactions were positive. "The new economic team comes across as serious and knowledgeable and engaging," said Carl Ross of investment bank Bear Stearns, Thursday.

Is that Alva Ross breddah ?

Heh, heh.

Gwaan hitch up pon Jawge bandwagon.. if yuh nuh realize is gully bottom yuh heading.. well yuh deserve what coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Yes, him same one!
            I think its time you think before you talk. You gladly mocked Shaw, nothing wrong wid that. Yuh bettah hope him nuh prove yuh wrong.

By the way, did you did your opinion bout the Virgin Airlines deal?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I hope he does prove me wrong!

I wanted to get rid of Air Jamaica so I would be a hypocrite if I now argue about keeping some overrated Heathrow slots.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

TEAM! Audley probably had shut up for a minute while Wehby took over.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But surely you didnt want to give them away for a song.

My point is that if we are to divest, then do so intelligently.

At this point without European access, it is pointless to keep Air Jamaica. Omar effectively sold AJ for 5m pounds.

Comment

Agreed. But do you have to be so dire? "Without Euro access"?!? Isn't that a little dramatic?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

At first I thought Mosiah was just being purposefully obtuse...

A scary thought just came to mind.. he might be serious in many of his protestations...

Munro was it ?

Comment

Not for any serious forward thinking person.

Maybe for a Comrade.. but their ideological roots is a handicap.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          Omar effectively sold AJ for 5m pounds.
                          Yuh mean him sign Air Jamaica death warrant
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Yes... you would 'think' that.

You have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              I hope he does prove me wrong!

I wanted to get rid of Air Jamaica so I would be a hypocrite if I now argue about keeping some overrated Heathrow slots.
                              Suh the fact that they were sold way too cheaply isn't an issue for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X