No announcement yet.

What madness is this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are blending two different issues: a company dominating an industry and compensation for comapny executives.

I am dealing specifically with executive pay. I am saying that govt policy should NOT be involved in trying to control what executives of public comapnies are paid. That is for the shareholders and if necessary, the courts to determine.

For example the Home Depot CEO got an outrageous golden parachute. I don't think he deserved it. Nonetheless it is a public company with a board and shareholders. They should deal with it.

Also for the record I have no problem IN PRINCIPLE with a company making
    truck load of profits as you put it. The real issue is what they do to make that kind of money.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Can't wait to hear from Karl on this!
      Two things - Most need to be fired! the performance is not in line with profits realised.

...but, I have no problem with the salaries per se. That outiong of the salaries should make the best strive to do even better to climb those stairs.

See what I have been saying: Those poor asre salaries that MPs and Ministers of Government are receiving is a disincentive for those who can 'run tings' to give us their services. Pay the MPs and the government Ministers and the best and brightest will gravitate towards serving the country. Repeat - We cannot afford not to pay them - I would rather have 10 billion dollar paid MPs with 10 million dollar income of our poorest...than 2- 5 million dollar (or thereabouts) paid MPs and 210,000 incomes of our poorest.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        I think you are blending two different issues: a company dominating an industry and compensation for comapny executives.

I am dealing specifically with executive pay. I am saying that govt policy should NOT be involved in trying to control what executives of public comapnies are paid. That is for the shareholders and if necessary, the courts to determine.

For example the Home Depot CEO got an outrageous golden parachute. I don't think he deserved it. Nonetheless it is a public company with a board and shareholders. They should deal with it.

Also for the record I have no problem IN PRINCIPLE with a company making
        truck load of profits as you put it. The real issue is what they do to make that kind of money.
        OK,

I see we are in agreement. Cool.

Comment

Working...
        X