No announcement yet.

What madness is this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are publicly traded companies what's the problem?

Comment

Some want us to believe that women (and blacks) are not there yet. You and I need to hold wi cahnah for a generation or two. Some gwine haffi dead off first.

And nuh feel nuh way, some of us working in America believe it is the "other" woman or "other" black that is being discriminated against. They believe they are paid the same wages as their white counterparts.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There is no problem, Bricky. If the shareholders don't have a problem, as Scaly said, then...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          There is no problem, Bricky. If the shareholders don't have a problem, as Scaly said, then...
          As long I'm getting my dividends they can pay whatever salaries they want.

Comment

heh heh! Busy day at the office, huh, Scaly?!

Scaly, I am very familiar with these disparities. My immediate boss made 5 times what I did. In the USA, that was unheard of! Of course, I was making 5 times more than people who I would consider immediately below me!

And yes, 1/5 of the profits?!?! Now, how do you tell the lowest on the totem pole that he cannot get an increas on the $2500 weekly salary? $130,000 a year?!?

Can we really blame some people for feeling the way they do, and for doing the things they do?
            No we cant and that is part of the feeling of injustice that many people feel.

Profit sharing is the best worker motivation ever.

I can tell you things will change once share holders start holding people accountable that will happen once block shares are owned by independent institutions and not friends of the ceo and their cliques as my firend Mr Michael Manley would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              As long I'm getting my dividends they can pay whatever salaries they want.
              Sure but others who want a bigger piece of the pie will want more plus it gets competitive after a while. If 1 company has a cash balance at the end of the year of x and pays y in dividends then a similiar company with the same financials and cash position pays 2 times y then what do you think will happen.

Comment

Is response yuh call dat ?

Address the points being made... bout source....

Comment

Lawks, Scaly man. Now yuh mek Bricktop haffi draw fi him long division skills, and him never have too much a dat!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well isn't that the beauty of the free market system? It is not perfect by any means but over the long run it rewards good companies/mangement and punishes the bad ones.
                    On the other hand trying to do social engineering using govt programs to control wages (when they are not busy tiefing or wasting taxpayers money) tends to lead to disastrous results in the long run.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Some want us to believe that women (and blacks) are not there yet. You and I need to hold wi cahnah for a generation or two. Some gwine haffi dead off first.

And nuh feel nuh way, some of us working in America believe it is the "other" woman or "other" black that is being discriminated against. They believe they are paid the same wages as their white counterparts.
                      Blame the Intellectual Ghetto.. don't blame the JLP or Whitey.

Instead of teaching Middle Passage in Statistics dem shoulda been teaching di process of development and change.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                        Sure but others who want a bigger piece of the pie will want more plus it gets competitive after a while. If 1 company has a cash balance at the end of the year of x and pays y in dividends then a similiar company with the same financials and cash position pays 2 times y then what do you think will happen.
                        If they are paying that much out in dividends that means they aren't reinvesting in the company. Google doesn't pay dividends instead they invest that money in expanding the business. Would you buy Google's common stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                          If they are paying that much out in dividends that means they aren't reinvesting in the company. Google doesn't pay dividends instead they invest that money in expanding the business. Would you buy Google's common stock?
                          If I could afford Google I would but memba now dividends r pays mostly by mature financially sound companies ie: utilities, pharmacuticals and so on a company like Google which is still in it's heavy growth phase would more than likely not pay dividends and yes reinvest in the company.

My point was more about the fact that if the company pays dividends then are you getting what you should get and how in a free market divident paying also has a compatitive edge.

Comment

Me know damn better than that. Dat's why mi not killing out myself.
                            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                              Willi it's a joke...lighten up my friend.
                              I know that. Sorry if I came across as not "light". LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                                Well isn't that the beauty of the free market system? It is not perfect by any means but over the long run it rewards good companies/mangement and punishes the bad ones.
                                On the other hand trying to do social engineering using govt programs to control wages (when they are not busy tiefing or wasting taxpayers money) tends to lead to disastrous results in the long run.
                                So when the retiring oil CEO from Exxon was getting a golden parachute of $600m you didnt have a problem with that?

What superior management did he demonstrate? Sheer hold dung tek weh by the Oil industry that makes a truck load of profits at $10 a barrel. How much dem mekking now at $90???

Mi dun tell unno long time that not every market is "free".

Comment

Working...
                                X