X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 10 is very interesting...

Hottest topics on the cocktail circuit
    published: Thursday | October 25, 2007

1. What Lola wants, Lola gets! That's how some are describing recent incidents? And, with the word being Lola wants more, all the talk about the brother of the sister going to that fat chair could be just talk, as insiders are saying Lola wants the chair to go to the other brother of the brother. Mind you, you can't believe everything you hear, as the story about the place before the announcements were official was that he strongly objected to the long-serving shadow spokesman being elevated to the post in which he now serves.

2. Not everyone is thrilled at the prospect of paying to hobnob! It seems that a recent invite soliciting contributions from some of those invited is not going down well at all! Some are so upset they are complaining publicly of what they consider a vulgar request not befitting the office, with at least one invited guests promising that if he were to see the host out in public before the actual event, he would 'out-tacky' them by making a production of handing her a donation of J$500, to help defray costs.

3. Some are questioning the rationale behind one of the recent appointments, as indeed, the appointee was forced to step aside from a position of influence just a few years ago. To say his new-found favour is a cause for consternation would be really putting it mildly.

4. The piper's ventriloquist is how some are describing the recent calls/support for the official introduction of the long-disdained business of gambling! And some say no surprises because someone has to pay for the imported cigars and brandy he favours!

5. Some of her girlfriends are none too pleased that she has been spending a fortune refurbishing his pad, upgrading his motor vehicle, and paying for their high-flying vacations! What bothers them, they say, is that he is not broke, so why is he allowing himself to be treated like rent-a-baldhead?

6. The recent call for "the relevant authorities" to assist his constituents after the recent rains caused peals of laughter in proper circles. Some say it seems that he is yet to come to terms with the fact that "he" now represents, or is regarded as, "relevant authorities".

7. It seems that there is a quarrel coming to the fore within the ranks of the Gayze, based on the fact that some in that community are blaming their colleagues in the media for a number of recent 'outings' that have seen some popular people falling from grace, after being 'outed'. The word out there is that those in glass houses, who are bent on throwing stones, should expect some kind of retaliatory home-movie expose!

8. The sweetheart is now making it clear that she, too, expects to be appointed to a board. Failing which, she will schedule an appointment to see the wife for a heart to heart! The only problem here is: the wife will not be surprised by any of the disclosures.

9. Who is right, the minister or his predecessor - are the coffers empty or not?

10. So when jackass says 'the world nuh level' you can forgive those who think he may very well be right, as it was 21 years ago, on October 22, that 'Butch' Stewart took issue with the appointment of John Issa as chairman of the JTB, on grounds of there being a conflict of interest. So how come today, when one of his senior VPs, trusted lieutenant, long-serving employee and friend is appointed to the said position, there is no conflict? Interestingly enough, in an article carried by this newspaper on October 22, 1986, in relation to Mr. Issa's appointment to the chair of the JTB, and in defence of 'Butch' Stewart's position then, the late Professor Carl Stone wrote: "I have never doubted the honesty, sincerity and integrity of John Issa whom I regard as one of the country's outstanding businessmen, but the point 'Butch' raised about conflict of interest cannot be brushed aside no matter how much integrity we concede to Mr. Issa."
    The question some are now asking, and loudly, is: Can Mr. Stewart explain his change of heart?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

the big difference is Issa is a majority share holder in Super Clubs while this man is only a worker or at most a small stakeholder.

The question is can we find a very qualified Jamaican who is not affiliated to any of the hotel chain, cruise line or any organization with vested interest who is qualified?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Butch is a frigging hypocrite!!! (Watch Lazie and Maudib trip over each other in trying to defend their master.)

I wonder if that invitation for a debate still stands?

The fact is, it will be difficult to find someone in Jamaica who is not connected in some way, but certainly, the in-your-face appointments, done by both parties, is wrong! And for Bruce to say all that he said, in all his self-righteousness and what he has done for us poor Jamaicans, mek him go to hell! He advertises in Europe so look what he has done for Jamaica! Yay! Frigging fool!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

HAHAAHHA! This is a major joke! Obviously, you don't understand Lynch's position and power.

I will agree that I would probably rank Issa over him in terms of having a bigger conflict of interest, but don't mek nuhbody hear yuh repeat what you just said about Lynch.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I always wanted someone on the
          rock to explain this to me. I have no clue as to who they are talking about.

Comment

Bruce ?

Freudian slip ?

Separate your targets.

Comment

never heard a word Bruce said.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

BWAHHHAAA !!

LOL !!!

WHOEEE !!

Tell us again who should be Prime Minister..

LOL !!

Comment

"I will agree that I would probably rank Issa over him in terms of having a bigger conflict of interest, but don't mek nuhbody hear yuh repeat what you just said about Lynch"

point made.

Is Lynch a primary owner?

Comment

What I've realized is that some people will continue finding fault because dem cannot afford to see that the new gov't out perform the PNP gov't of 18 years.

Mosiah, Butch indicated that him willing fi debate with any comers .... mek yuhself available nuh? Time unuh put unuh pettiness aside.

Amazingly people a tip toe round the Bulb Saga, but have mouth regarding Lynch's appointment.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

major with the minors, huh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mek it rest, sass. Duh, mi a beg yuh.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There was a serious conflict of interest when he took control of Air Jamaica as well, but...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Do you agree that Lynch in his position CAN made decisions that would positively affect those who are paying him?
                            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Whats new?
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X