McNab appointed advisor to Minister of Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNab appointed advisor to Minister of Sport

Now this is hilarious on so many different levels...but why am I not laughing more?

McNab appointed advisor to Minister of Sport

Former national footballer and coach, Allie McNab, has been appointed advisor for matters related to sport to Minister of Information, Culture and Sport, Olivia ‘Babsy’ Grange, the latter confirmed yesterday at a brunch to honour sponsors of the Jamaica Netball Association.

McNab, who played football for Jamaica between 1963 and 1985 and coached the national side from 1987 to 1988, ran for the Jamaica Labour Party against the People’s National Party’s Sharon Hay-Webster in the 1993 general elections.

In addition to playing football, McNab also competed in track and field, which he told the Observer was his first love, winning a gold and two silver medals for Cornwall College at the annual Boys’ Championships in 1966. He was also named the Victor Lodorom Boys’ champion athlete in the same year.

Between 1977 and 1991 McNab worked with the Jamaica Broadcasting Corporation providing coverage on the Central American and Caribbean Games in the Dominican Republic, as well as meets in Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago and Guyana, as well as the 1984 Los Angeles and 1988 Seoul Olympic Games.

— DB
    Last edited by Karl; October 23, 2007, 10:52 PM.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Why do you laugh Sicko ?

I liked and respected him as a footballer, I also don't think he is a bad commentator either but I know nothing about his political life so what is it that makes you laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
      I liked and respected him as a footballer, I also don't think he is a bad commentator either but I know nothing about his political life so what is it that makes you laugh.
      What? Terrible commenator.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        What? Terrible commenator.
        I don't think he is that bad, he is very good at analyzing individual players but not so good at strategy in my opinion.

Comment

Maybe because he is a succesful business man ?

Maybe that disqualifies him ??

Comment

He was horrible, you apparently did not hear him talk about "watch the heads and the foots go up" every time a corner was coming in...
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

I am really trying to wonder what kind of advice Ali has to give to the Minister that would be worthwhile...or is this another way of making sure a good loyal labourite gets a regular paycheck.

My thing is that while Lazie and others get riled up about the PNP corruption, and there was a lot of it, political corruption is not unique to any one party.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

OH no dont go there, successful business on which planet? You obviously never heard or chose to ignore when the bailiff went to his house at the crack of dawn and stripped it clean, leaving with even the curtains and silverware for bad debts...and this was after he lost the gas station.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

How do you move from loyal labourite getting a regular paycheck to corruption ?

Do you believe Ali McNabb needs a paycheck from the Ministry of Sports as an advisor ?

LOL !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    I am really trying to wonder what kind of advice Ali has to give to the Minister that would be worthwhile...or is this another way of making sure a good loyal labourite gets a regular paycheck.

My thing is that while Lazie and others get riled up about the PNP corruption, and there was a lot of it, political corruption is not unique to any one party.
                    Never said it was unique to one party. Stop trying to twist what mi say. Everybody knew that your problem with Ali's appointment was because he is JLP.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Oh no... here we go again...

Tell us, what is Ali McNabb current net worth....

Comment

He was horrible, you apparently did not hear him talk about "watch the heads and the foots go up" every time a corner was coming in...
                        HAHAHAA...No me never hear da one dey wouldn't surprise me though but I have heard many a Jamaican announcers wid some bad analysis.

I know nothing about his business and personal life so I'll just leave that alone for now.

Comment

Can you disprove what I said about the gas station and the bailiff? tackle that one first and then lets move on from there, one thing at a time Brain Damaged
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Nothing to do with his party colours, more about what he can bring to the table to justify his salary, this is the same thnig with the appointments elsewhere, but do you have anything else to add except to accuse me of political bias?
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Nothing to do with his party colours, more about what he can bring to the table to justify his salary, this is the same thnig with the appointments elsewhere, but do you have anything else to add except to accuse me of political bias?
                              Suh you have a crystal ball that can tell how much contribution Ali can make? Isn't it the same way you looked down at the possible appointment of the likes of John Lynch? Opps must be revelation from the crystal ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X