RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black People Have The Right To Vote In America??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black People Have The Right To Vote In America??

At the recent NAACP Meeting, President Bush finally meet with the leaders and assured them that he would sign the right to vote bill for another 25 years.

My only concern is: Do the other race have to be subjected to a right to vote extension? Personally, the President, if he really wanted to show Good faith, should have abolished this bill and made it simply a right with no limitations. But then maybe I am living in a dream world. However, I know IT CAN BE DONE!! Voting Rights Act-Expires for blacks in 2007.

Below you will find a speech that Bill Cosby's wife gave at a function. Everyone please read this and pass it on to as many African Americans you come in contact with.

Camille Cosby just made a reference about the Voting Rights Act in her most recent open letter on racism. This is extremely important. We are in the 21st Century and we were wondering, and when I say 'we', I mean others of us out there who wonder if everyone else out there knows what the significance of the year 2007 is to Black America?

Did you know that our right to VOTE will expire in the year 2007?

Seriously! The Voters Rights Act signed in 1965 by Lyndon B. Johnson was just an ACT. It was not made a law.

In 1982, Ronald Reagan amended the Voters Rights Act for another 25 years. Which means that in the year 2007 we could lose the Right to vote!

Does anyone realize that African Americans are the only group of people who require PERMISSION under the United States Constitution to vote!

In the year 2007, Congress will once again convene to decide whether or not Blacks should retain the rights to vote (crazy but true).

In order for th is to be passed, 38 states will have to approve an extension. This is ludicrous! Not only should the extension be approved, but also the ACT must be made a law.

Our right to vote should no longer be up for discussion, review and/or evaluation.

We must contact our Congress-persons, Senators, Alder persons, etc., to put a stop to this! As bona fide Citizens of the United States, we cannot "drop the ball" on this one! We have come too far to let government make us take such a huge step backward. So please, let us push forward to continue to build the momentum towards gaining equality.

Please pass this onto others, as we are sure that many more individuals are not aware of this. I urge all of you that are able, to contact those in government that have your vote and make them aware of our combined concern for this issue.

One voice!...... One Vote! You cannot compla in, if you do not
    participate.....local, State, & national.....

When I received this one I had no choice but to pass it on. Please do the same!

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/pending/voting.asp

Comment

heh heh!

Say it with me - God Bless America!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I saw this a few years back. Clearly it's an urban legend.

Comment

It obviously works on 'certain' people though.. their minds are ripe for bamboozling.

Comment

So you neva know that Hilfiger go pon Oprah and say black people must stop wear him clothes and she run him off the show?

Or that Kentucky Fried Chicken change them name to KFC because them don't really use chickens?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Those are not true?!?! Das why mi stop eat KFC, y'knuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Those are not true?!?! Das why mi stop eat KFC, y'knuh!
                ... and a ground zero yuh live? The one a Jamaica a di best. Stop waste time. Next time mi land fuss stop is fi buy a gallon a tru juice orange juice and 2 KFC chicken breast.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Had the SourSop with lime yet or the June Plum juice?
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Lazie tell the truth. KFC in Jamaica tastes 100 times better than KFC in the US yes? I also can say with 100% certainty that there is no Pizza on the planet better than Pizze Delight. Done talk. - T.K.
                    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                      Had the SourSop with lime yet or the June Plum juice?
                      No ... mi already hooked on the OJ and the fruit punch. Afterall, I was there for only 2 weeks .... hehehehe.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                        Lazie tell the truth. KFC in Jamaica tastes 100 times better than KFC in the US yes? I also can say with 100% certainty that there is no Pizza on the planet better than Pizze Delight. Done talk. - T.K.
                        100% is an understatement. Restaurants of Jamaica need to change the name to Jamaica's KFC. Ever since I've returned, I haven't purchased KFC ... mi tek mi chance wid Popeye's.

Comment

Which you think is healthier ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                            Which you think is healthier ?
                            Well everything yuh eat gonna kill yuh ... therefore. Always hear say spinach and lettuce were good for us, talk to the people that bought food at Taco Bell and got sick from E Coli.

Comment

mi long fi drink some tamarind juice.it's like stew tamarind but more diluted,Goya have it in tin but it nuh taste like the jamaican tamarind with lime,vanilla,nutmeg and crush ice.mi god,drink dat with home made cole slaw,make me have the moods

Comment

Working...
                              X