Jamaican inheritance law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican inheritance law

Dont know if Gamma is aware of this but should as it is a Commonwealth law but I also learned this at the Bob Marley trials in 1992.

Under Jamaican laws, no will is neccessary as the family of the deceased gets everything..there will be some serious taxes to pay but once the family is clearly identified the governmnet cant touch anything.

It is called Intestate (is this right Gamma?)

Now because Bob's lawyers were Americans who have different laws they did not know this and Bob had an elaborate will (Rasta cant dead-ha ha ah) drawn up when he got sick.

However good thing that Bob had some sense to have a Jamaican law firm on retainer, could have been PJ Patterson's law firm, and when they advised the Americans of the Jamaican laws the will was torn up.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

yes that is intestacy and the mode of distribution is referred to as "per stirpes"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

tenky boss, see my memory is not that bad at all
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        tenky boss, see my memory is not that bad at all
        Yuh gwan - mi see yuh scratch yuh head and search hard fi find that notebook
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

LOL!! Guess what, I know I have the legal pads some where but cant find them, cant even recall when last I saw them them but I know I have them some where in the house.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            LOL!! Guess what, I know I have the legal pads some where but cant find them, cant even recall when last I saw them them but I know I have them some where in the house.
            Sickko - look for them and put them in a SAFE. Yuh never know when you'll decide to write a book. Sounds like joke, but I'm darned serious.
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

I know you speak truth...I have some serious memories from those six months
              Che Guevara.

Comment

i'm sure you do...how the haitian mulatto women treating yuh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X