Tony Abrahams needs to wheel an' come again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Abrahams needs to wheel an' come again

(maybe him need to get some idea from Tara, I notice that her articles are no longer published at the Observer, but at the Gleaner. She helping daddy settle his score)

Tony Abrahams needs to wheel an' come again

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dear Editor,
    Is Tony Abrahams carrying feelings for the Observer? Ever since your paper published a letter criticising the staleness of the Breakfast Club, he has used every opportunity to knock the Observer.
    I must commend you for not taking him on. Aside from publishing letters, which is the duty of a newspaper, you seem to have ignored Tony Abrahams' very unwarranted attacks. Bully for you!
    In my view, what the letter writers have said is true. The Breakfast Club has lost it. I don't know if I agree that the decline is to be attributed solely to the departure of Beverley Manley, although she made a big difference. Tony Abrahams has not been the host he used to be. He is very lacklustre and he no longer brings exciting new information to the show.
    I find that I am listening less and less to that programme and more and more to other morning shows. My practice is to scan the stations to see who has the most interesting programme. But even when the Breakfast Club has a good story idea, Tony Abrahams just can't seem to deliver. In his position, I would take a break and wheel an' come again, instead of beating up on the messenger. As a media man, he should know the danger of that.
    Melanie Johnson
    St James
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Well, unless the standard was much better but I find the Breakfast Club more informative. For example the issue about the 15 billion, which many comrades tip toed around, was discussed on the Breaskfast Club with both Omar and Audley.

I find it more informative than the Deacon's program, with the exception of Real Business.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X