Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JUTC board gets 18 months to turn around company

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

MINISTER of transport and works Mike Henry has announced a new board for the Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) which, he says, has 18 months to turn around the company's poor performance.

The new board will be chaired by Douglas Chambers, an accountant and managing partner in the firm Chambers Henry & Partners. The minister said he will sign a contract under which Chambers will take leave from his company to concentrate on the JUTC, for which he will be paid one dollar a year.

Other board members are financial consultant Dennis Chung; businessmen Bindley Sangster, Rae Barrett and Max Lieba; Altheus Williams, principal financial officer in the ministry; Ann Marie Rhoden, deputy financial secretary; Ryan White, JUTC president; Victor Green, accountant; Ian Wilkinson, attorney-at-law; Paul Abrahams; and Calvin Samuels.

Henry said that the board will be reviewed every 18 months.
    "I feel that the board must be responsible and must be accountable for whatever they are asked to chair, and I don't wish to have boards that profile, only boards that perform," he explained.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...ND_COMPANY.asp
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Dennis Chung must be happy!

Can't wait for them to make this company profitable! Win-win for everybody!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Dennis Chung must be happy!

Can't wait for them to make this company profitable! Win-win for everybody!
      Why the sarcasm?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Very good, friend - staunch JLP man - appointed to this board!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

There is no sarcasm, unless yuh talking bout the Chung part. I know people on this board and I wish them every success!!! A good transport system is vital to the corporate area. We cannot allow another JLP govt. to return us to the days of the minibus!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There is no sarcasm, unless yuh talking bout the Chung part. I know people on this board and I wish them every success!!! A good transport system is vital to the corporate area. We cannot allow another JLP govt. to return us to the days of the minibus!

There is no sarcam?

"Dennis Chung must be happy!

Can't wait for them to make this company profitable! Win-win for everybody!"

okay.

Comment

Lazie, take it any way you want. Sarcasm still more decent than a straight lie.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie, take it any way you want. Sarcasm still more decent than a straight lie.
                Yuh somehow use that lie thing to console yuhself or something? Must!

Comment

Prescribed.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X