Minister to hold preliminary MOU talks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minister to hold preliminary MOU talks

Minister Without Portfolio in the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service Senator Dwight Nelson is to meet on Tuesday with the leaders of all trade unions representing public sector workers.

Senator Nelson says the meeting is a prelude to the start of negotiations for a new Public Sector Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) next year.

"You know there are 33 bargaining units in the public sector and 42 groups of workers that the Ministry of Public Service negotiates with and I'll be meeting with them. This will be a prelude to me sitting down with each union, nurses, teachers, police, JCTU to establish the framework for negotiations next year," said Senator Nelson.

The second Public Sector MOU was signed in May last year.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

The Shadow Minister on Finance did ask a question yesterday, "Can Senator Nelson sign off on MOU agreements, or does it have to be signed off by Audley Shaw?"

I think this needs to be cleared up although after thinking about it, Omar may just be throwing up smoke screens.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      The Shadow Minister on Finance did ask a question yesterday, "Can Senator Nelson sign off on MOU agreements, or does it have to be signed off by Audley Shaw?"

I think this needs to be cleared up although after thinking about it, Omar may just be throwing up smoke screens.
      Next year?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X