RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some ministries allegedly in shambles ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some ministries allegedly in shambles ...

Some ministries allegedly in shambles, ministers avert questions

Monday, 08 October 2007

The Government is continuing to dodge questions about the state of affairs at some of the Ministries which were turned over to them four weeks ago by the People's National Party (PNP) administration.

Word has emerged that some persons who were accorded Ministerial responsibilities last month were shocked at the poorly kept administrative and ministerial records.

But when confronted senior Government members strenuously evaded the issue.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade Dr. Ken Baugh, Industry and Commerce Minister, Karl Samuda and Labour and Social Security Minister, Pearnel Charles chose not to confirm or deny the reports coming out of their midst.

Dr. Baugh was the first to stave off the question.

Asked whether the JLP's powerful Central Executive had received a report on claims that some Ministries were handed over in less than acceptable conditions administratively, Dr. Baugh responded that details were not yet available and called for more time.

"They are getting to know their ministries, they are getting to know their people and the situation that exists. The assessment is being done and they are planning how to deal with whatever they find and at the appropriate time an announcement will be made," said Dr. Baugh.

In his response to the same question, Industry and Commerce Minister Karl Samuda was insistent that the Government was not venturing on a witch hunt.

"The only startling thing that hit me was before I got a desk to sit around while meeting with the ministry heads at the Office of the Prime Minister I heard that we had a shortage of cement and a shortage of rice and you know how that went," said Mr. Samuda

The two Ministers were quickly supported by Labour Minister Pearnel Charles.

"Those Ministers will make those statements at the appropriate time," said Mr. Charles.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X