Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISSA Blunder: Why Hydel should take ISSA to Court

Rules are rules.

ISSA applied a non existent rule and punished Hydel for using a player in Manning Cup match for using a player who was on a red card earned a super cup match.

http://www.loopjamaica.com/content/b...ot-manning-cup

The fact is ISSA rules do not address the Super Cup and the conclusion that is implied by rule 6 is that a competition between a Manning Cup and DaCosta teams is a separate competition.

The Oliver Shield is contested by the winning of the Manning Cup and DaCosta Cup and the rules state that it is a separate competition. The Super Cup is contested by the group winners of the Manning and DaCosta Cup, and it absence of any Super Cup rules, it must be a separate competition.

https://www.schoolboyfootball.com/football-rules
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Agreed,there has to be a rule in order to determine that it is violated.
    ISSA might argue it oversees as oppose to implement,therefire all its rules aappy Super Cup too.

Comment

Do not necessarily agree. Isn't the Olivier Shield basically a final over 2 legs that is the day the winner of the manning cup vs the winner of the Dacosta cup?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

"For clarity" ....

I agree that it would be best for it to be mentioned specifically. The inference is that Olivier shield is a straight final and they would want each team to have their best players.

One could also argue that because the super cup is not mentioned as a competition at all, then cards shouldn't mean anything within that competion as it is not recognized as a competition .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          "For clarity" ....

I agree that it would be best for it to be mentioned specifically. The inference is that Olivier shield is a straight final and they would want each team to have their best players.

One could also argue that because the super cup is not mentioned as a competition at all, then cards shouldn't mean anything within that competion as it is not recognized as a competition .....
          True but that would be too extreme because the teams are playing a competition Hydel argument is that the cards don't mean anything outside of Super Cup because rule 6 clearly state which competitions are the same i.e. 'Manning and Walker Cup are the same' and 'DaCosta Cup and Ben Francis Cup are the same' and which competition is separate i.e. 'the Oliver Shield.' Anyhow, ISSA defense is that they had a meeting and they told everyone verbally that red cards carry over to and from the Super Cup.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Of course it would be extreme. I wonder if the super cup has it's own rules.

BTW where there are written rules I am not in favour of accepting a verbal change unless the rules allow it even if everyone agreed that it was said ....

Comment

As I said ISSA are way behind. They need to make rules that reflects the current.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                Of course it would be extreme. I wonder if the super cup has it's own rules.

BTW where there are written rules I am not in favour of accepting a verbal change unless the rules allow it even if everyone agreed that it was said ....
                Here is another meaningless part of rule 6 that was supposed to protect the player from fatigue during the 2nd round

"The second round will start after the playing of the Walker Cup and Ben Francis finals. That is, the final sixteen (16) teams for Manning Cup and the final thirty-two teams for the DaCosta Cup."

Comment

So, if a man makes a vious takle that sets out to intentionally bruk foot in SupaCup and gets immediate red, you think its somehow conceivable that the same guy shows up for Manning Cup match on the following Tuesday?

let's start from that extreme.

Comment

But he could should up for Olivier Shield if that Vicki's tackle took place in manning or Dacosta cup final

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      So, if a man makes a vious takle that sets out to intentionally bruk foot in SupaCup and gets immediate red, you think its somehow conceivable that the same guy shows up for Manning Cup match on the following Tuesday?

let's start from that extreme.
                      Yup, because it would be allowed in Oliver Shield.

Anyhow, if it was explained verbally then better Hydel did chill If they did then they would have been in the semi finals of the Manning Cup next week.

Comment

It goes by the rules of the competition, Willi. Matters not how vicious the tackle was or how hated the player has now become.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But you KNOW like at Champs and being extraordinary, rules would immediately be changed retroactively. Did Hyde and OHara go to Penn, even though eligible?

The political diminsion cant be ignored.

Di skoolahs must have discipline, etc, etc.. Unno done know. loL

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                            But you KNOW like at Champs and being extraordinary, rules would immediately be changed retroactively. Did Hyde and OHara go to Penn, even though eligible?

The political diminsion cant be ignored.

Di skoolahs must have discipline, etc, etc.. Unno done know. loL
                            Hmm, I am hearing that a blue school broke the rules and played an ineligible player in the Manning Cup quarter finals. It will be interesting to find out if ISSA will kick then out of the Manning Cup Semi Finals or change the rules retroactively. #revengeofhydel#

Comment

Cant be us, as we only ever had one ineligible guy and it was PYJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X