• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X, you asked me about my views on student transfers

for sporting purposes.

Well, tell me what you think about this:

http://mobile.jamaica-gleaner.com/gl...ts/sports3.php

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Obviously he isnt exploited academically,he passes his subjects ,wasnt that your issue ? It seems the educational pursuits go hand in hand with the athletic.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      Obviously he isnt exploited academically,he passes his subjects ,wasnt that your issue ? It seems the educational pursuits go hand in hand with the athletic.
      That was not my only issue.

Do you believe it's ok for a player to enter community college, or even college, and just because he's still eligible, return to high school for another season of schoolboy football?

Once you have successfully passed your "school-leaving exams", is it ok to go back for more high school football?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes,he is eligible.He hasnt vioilated any rules .Why have a rule to penalise a youth who excels in the most important one, academics,if anything he should be a shining example.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ok. Well, I disagree.

I don't think our schools have room for people who just want to use them as sports clubs. If you have already graduated, especially to the point where you have entered a tertiary institution, then you should not be allowed to return to high school.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Let me ask, What the RAAASSS is this man doing in high school?

The young man, who has attended two other high schools and one community college, has 14 subjects: seven CSEC, four CAPE unit ones, and three CAPE unit twos.
            Mi friend son was 17 last year when he left St.Georges for a scholarship to UWI. He could have stay back and be start baller for two years but know that Manning cup is not all. Where is his this kid parents?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Let me ask, What the RAAASSS is this man doing in high school?

Mi friend son was 17 last year when he left St.Georges for a scholarship to UWI. He could have stay back and be start baller for two years but know that Manning cup is not all. Where is his this kid parents?
              X say him neva break nuh rule.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Did he?

Comment

"First, I went to Camperdown where I did seven CSEC subjects and passed all of them, and then I went to Exed (Excelsior Community College) because I couldn't get into any school at the time, and I did four CAPE unit ones, and I got them all," Henry shared. "Then I decided that I wanted to play Manning Cup again, so I went to St Andrew Technical, and I sat three subjects in upper sixth form." Henry was, however, not content with completing his high school tenure not having donned the uniform of St George's College.

Professional student and no parental supervision. Who was paying his bills?
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

There a million things in life that are legal yet unethical, wrong, ill-advised, amoral, unprofessional, wicked and improper.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maybe the schools that wanted him to win trophies for them?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanx for the lecture

Comment

You have issues, first it's exploitation because of lack of education, now its too much.... SMH,when yuh was a child ,yuh use to complain fi complain sake.?

Comment

You have issues, first it's exploitation because of lack of education, now its too much....
                            Clearly, you have misunderstood. It's not a matter of too much education. The point is the student has left high school, only to come back for another season of football, nothing else. Can't help you if you continue to not get it.

SMH,when yuh was a child ,yuh use to complain fi complain sake.?
                            My childhood habits have little to do with this discussion.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Any time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X