Diouf calls time on Senegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diouf calls time on Senegal

Sass, does this sound like the JFF to you?

Monday 08 Oct 2007
    Bolton Wanderers and Senegal striker El Hadji Diouf has announced his retirement from international football.
    The 26-year-old says he has made his decision because of the West African side's organisational problems.

"I have stopped my international career," Diouf told commercial radio station RFM.
    "There are so many problems with the national team.
    "The team has a scheduled friendly match in a week and we don't even know who we are playing against. This is unacceptable.
    "If we have to come and play for our country, we have to pay for our own air ticket and reimbursement of the cost is another big problem.
    "I don't think I will change my mind."
    The former Liverpool star made his international debut against Benin in April 2000 and scored 16 goals in 41 appearances for his country.
    Diouf made his name representing Senegal at the 2002 World Cup finals in Japan and South Korea, helping his country reach the quarter-finals.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Wow!!!! a little worst than we but we might catch up if we don't turn things around. A wonder if them get paid? or have fi gwan like King?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
    X