RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harbour View Misses Historic Victory At S.t.e.t.h.s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbour View Misses Historic Victory At S.t.e.t.h.s.

HARBOUR VIEW MISSES HISTORIC VICTORY AT S.T.E.T.H.S.
    AS QUARRIE’S 93RD MINUTE EQUALISER SAVES RENO!

Kendrie Quarrie’s stunning left footed curler from 19 yards saved the blushes for the Reno aggregation who gathered in large numbers despite the continuous downpour that started with the blow of the referees whistle.

The seasoned campaigner produced one of his now established trademark kicks at the death to save what looked a certain defeat for Reno at their new home ground in the neighbouring parish of Santa Cruz, St, Elizabeth since last year while the Frome field in Westmoreland is still being upgraded.

Celebrated as the new bastion of supremacy the Reno team has never lost at S.T.E.T.H.S. in the last year and were tottering on the brink of defeat before an infringement was committed on the ever probing Fabian “Lexxus” Blake just outside the penalty area. Referee Kevin Morrison pointed to the spot as the Harbour View defensive wall of four men reluctantly stepped ten yards back.

Quarrie gently stroked the curving shot just over their heads as goalkeeper Dwayne Miller dived full length to his left helplessly as the ball sailed into the net after kissing the underside of the crossbar …Goal, roared out in wide acclaim from all parts of the schoolyard as the Reno supporters erupted in joyous celebrations as they escaped the first loss at S.T.E.T.H.S.

HISTORY DENIED:
    Harbour View while seeking their first victory this season as Champions were further denied creating history of inflicting what would have been the first defeat for Reno at S.T.E.T.H.S. following that historic feat at Frome in October 1985, when the “Stars of the East” scored a then memorable 2-0 defeat that registered Reno’s first defeat ever at Frome in 20 years, before becoming the league champions that season.

TAYLOR SCORES THE FIRST GOAL:
    The second half kicked off with a slick three man movement from Richard Edwards to Fabian Taylor who found the mobile Gregg Taylor outside the penalty box as he disposed of his marker before placing the ball skillfully to the right of the custodian, taking the lead in minute 48 and registering not just his but Harbour View’s first goal in the new 2007-08 season. The large contingent of traveling Harbour View fans applauded lustily from the stands.

Harbour View adjusted their tactics accurately to take control of the second half while improving their activity off the ball lead by Gregg Taylor, the passes too were much better than in the first stanza where a series of errors exposed defensive lapses and punctuated the first 45 minutes with numerous shots fired on goal from a distance as Dwayne Miller in goal keep his account clean after tipping no less than three well taken shots over the crossbar.

On one occasion he recovered well enough to dive low to his left to gobble up a weak shot, after his poor goal-kick fell to the opposing striker just outside the penalty area when he slipped on the wet surface as he executed his kick up-field. The Reno player’s rush to finish assisted the fortunate custodian to get back into his goal in time to produce a save.

OTHER SCORES:
    Boy’s Town 1 Seba United FC 1
    Waterhouse FC 1 Portmore United 0
    St. George’s SC 2 Village United 1
    Tivoli Gardens 1 August Town FC 1
    Sporting Central Academy 0 Arnett Gardens FC 0

Source: Harbour View FC
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Good to see my side St.Georges United win their first game and drew against HV.

The good thing is they were able to get their grounds up and running for the NPL even after the Hurricane. I have spoken to the planning they have done over the years. They are one of few teams with a fence, and they collect money at the gate. They have a club house and place for t he press. They had seating but I guess they got more.

Playing at home and not in Kingston, Drax Hall and anywhere else give them a home base and a chance to get some revenue. Good planning by Everton King and crew over the past 3-4 years and during this time they have hired the best staff in the east, recruit quality Eastern players and put togather a team to compete in the NPL.

best of luck to them all the way. More teams should do the kind of planning St.Georges and Sporting Central do.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, sass. Every team had to get ready after the hurricane, and some were harder hit than St. Georges.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo what I am saying is MOST new teams come into the NPL and have to play on somebody else ground because of the lack of preparation so they can't collect any money and by the middle of the season some can't even honor their shedule.

It is along time we don't have new teams that made the prepartion that St.Georges United and Sporting Central made over the last 3 years.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass, sorry, but I can't big them up for doing something that is not exactly rocket science! And playing on other people's grounds does not mean yuh cyaan collect money.

Anyway, before long yuh going to mek it look like I fighting Georges and even Sporting Central, the latter of which is owned by a good friend and fellow Munro Old Boy. So, let me congratulate St. Georges on the win, and I hear SC is looking very good too. Great for a competitive league!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo if have a homebase and have to travel 30 miles to play a game certainly you loose a lot of fans. If Lynch park was not ready game would have to be played in Kingston or Drax Hall and I assume you have to pay for the grounds so the profit is less. If it is not rocket science why Boys Town, August Town, Duhaney Park, Star Cosmos and all the other teams over the last few years find it so hard to do?

Comment

Because they were really bad planners?!?! But does that make St. Georges great planners?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I didn't say great planner but already they are reaping the effect of this planning.

I doubt they would beat Village playing on someone else's ground. The fact is that preparation helps and other teams need to do it.

Again I say good job by my friends Everton King, and the rest of the crew.

Comment

Agreed!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He he he...you nuh see hi seh one of few teams with a fence, maybe he is talking about one of few teams in Portland or eastern Jamaica- LOL!
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                    X