• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cate: I want to rebuild Chelsea

TEN CATE ... ready to join Chelsea

By ANTONY KASTRINAKIS

Published: 04 Oct 2007

HENK TEN CATE last night admitted he has agreed to be Chelsea’s new assistant coach.

SunSport revealed yesterday the Ajax boss is the man Chelsea wanted to bring in as Avram Grant’s No 2.

And Ten Cate’s agent, Sigi Lens, revealed the Dutch coach hopes to complete a move as early as next week.

Lens said: “It’s true we have an agreement with Chelsea. It’s an opportunity for him, a challenge for him to work with a big team and work with Avram Grant to build a new team.”

Ten Cate had a similar role at Barcelona under Frank Rijkaard and Lens added: “Henk knows what’s he’s doing, he did it in Barcelona.

“The role is very clear. What I know is everybody is excited, they want to work together so why not?”

Chelsea now have to negotiate with Ajax to secure a release from his contract, which runs out at the end of the season.

Lens said: “Chelsea want to take the coach now so if there is an agreement between the two clubs everything will be clear.

“The will is there from both parties for Henk to start straight away.

“Henk does not want to wait until the end of the season, he wants to come now but it depends on how Ajax are going to react.”

Lens insisted the Dutchman’s ambition is to help Grant build a new Chelsea team that will play spectacular football — and fulfil billionaire owner Roman Abramovich’s dream.

Ten Cate had a long meeting with Grant and they mapped out how they would work together.

Lens added: “It’s a big opportunity for Henk with big players. I’ve known him a long time. You can see how he plays the game tactically.

“Look at Ajax last year. The season before they finished fifth and with Henk they were joint top and only lost out on the title by one goal.

“Chelsea have spoken to Henk about the matter. There was a conversation and both the manager and Henk are on the same wavelength.

“They invited Henk to a meeting to talk about technical matters and ask how he sees things and how he wants to play and that was good.”
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Rebuild from what? Truth is Mourinho assembled an advance machine beyond the comprehension of the "maintenance crew".
    As looong as Drogba(the player likely to rescue Avram..) is at Chelsea, the club will be a viable one.

Blessed

Comment

I guess Rock that would be rebuilding focus and confidence , which in Abramovich position is easy , every man get a 10 % raise .Drogba 20%
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That mi a think bout, rebuild from what
        Roman mussi spend at least 250 million pounds on players since him tek over the team.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Da man talkin' big fe get top job !
          "Stand in love, don't fall in love" Stephen Marley

Comment

Working...
          X