No announcement yet.

Football Enthusiasts!! Quick Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Enthusiasts!! Quick Question.

by Cathal Breathnach

Michael Carrick: Flop or Not?

Since Manchester United signed English midfielder Michael Carrick from Spurs last summer he has ,in my view failed to live up to his 18 million pound price tag. I think Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes that as well because he went out and bought Owen Hargreaves, who plays in the exact same role as him, for 17 million pounds from Bayern Munich this summer.

He was signed as a replacement to former United legend Roy Keane and also wears the coveted number 16 shirt at the club. He has looked amazingly average in every single game I've seen him play in for United. I feel Hargreaves has stepped into the role nicely since joining the Red Devils, although he has been injured a lot so far for them.

When he was at Spurs, he was simply a good player in a decent side, but now he's at United he's simply an average player at a big club. I understand that he does play in a highly understated role in defensive midfield, but I for one don't ever remember him putting in a performance to talk about.

My personal view is that he possibly should of stayed at Spurs a while longer and then develop into a great player by playing week in, week out and then maybe make the switch to a big side like United. He is only twenty six and has his best years ahead of him, but at the moment for me, he has been a flop at the Champions.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I wish him nothing but the worst luck humanly possible

He should never have left Spurs for that "buy the championship" team.

I hope he plays poorly and sees no first team action...

Well u asked

Comment

My Lazie view. I don't think he is a flop. The boy have a range of passes that to this day amaze me. If people are looking for him to be a dominant player like a Keane, Viera or Essien forget it. However, if he should be more consistent on game days and start finding the back of the net some more, the doubters will have to come again.

Getting Hargreves is no fuss. I see him (Carrick) playing in Scholes role, swtiching with Anderson.

How can the boy be a flop? In his first year at the Empire, we won the EPL, reached the semis of the CL and the final of the FA Cup. If unuh waan talk bout flop, talk to Sheva.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
        He should never have left Spurs for that "buy the championship" team.

I hope he plays poorly and sees no first team action...

Well u asked
        Thats an emotional response bredren. Yuh hanging too much with Mosiah.

Comment

I think he lacks place, in da "Hoddle era" he would be king....players like Liam Brady/Glen Hoddle were not da quick but da game itself, back then gave yuh da room to produce more magical moments.
          "Stand in love, don't fall in love" Stephen Marley

Comment

Manu wante Heargreaves but couldn't get him so Carrick was the man but Heargreaves is a versitile player and can play more than one position so while Carrick hasn't been a great standout buy Heargreaves don't mean he has failed.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X