Alas, football will be rescued! - Captain Horace Burrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alas, football will be rescued! - Captain Horace Burrell

The Captain said we should never allow our football to deteriorate to these levels. He is hurt and embarrassed.

Meanwhile, Creston Boxhill has resumed his duties as a motor vehicle inspector from which he was excused to fulfill his duties as JFF president.

The ship is without a captain as it awaits the Captain.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    The Captain said we should never allow our football to deteriorate to these levels. He is hurt and embarrassed.

Meanwhile, Creston Boxhill has resumed his duties as a motor vehicle inspector from which he was excused to fulfill his duties as JFF president.

btw - Who would you blame for this state of affairs?
    Just asking!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Suh wait .... Boxhill jump ship? Damn! Reggae Fan and the FACC must be partying.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

the outgoing president. that is what comes with leadership...responsibility.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

that is what happens when we make decisions based on sentiments at the expense of experience and ability... now we are back to square one eroding all the progress we had made... boxhill should never be allowed to touch jamaica football again... he failed miserably, no new ideas nor any plan of execution with contingencies, no management skills and a lack of courting skills to empower the private entities to support the proram...

boxhill singlehandedly, set jamaica football back 20 yrs...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Mosiah, it's about time that you are able to recognize good leadership and management in the GOOD Cap'n Burrell...

In the past you couldn't identify good leadership:--even if it smacks you in the head like so...>>>>
            pye... ...pye ...pye... ...boing... ...boing ...boing... ................................<<<me

BTW: The above applies to Sickko and all the other Boxhill supporterZZZZ.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Yuh hit the nail on the head with this post Baddaz. A bit harsh, but told it like it is.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

only partly true baddaz....jamaica was already on a slide when burrell left...no doubt that boxhill made a hash of it....but maybe burrell needed to take a step back to reassess and not take anything for granted.

boxhill was a HUGE disappointment but i still maintain that burrell needed a wake up call to be responsive to jamaican football, unfortunately.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

per gamma, truth is a defense...

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                    Mosiah, it's about time that you are able to recognize good leadership and management in the GOOD Cap'n Burrell...

In the past you couldn't identify good leadership:--even if it smacks you in the head like so...>>>>
                    pye... ...pye ...pye... ...boing... ...boing ...boing... ................................<<<me

BTW: The above applies to Sickko and all the other Boxhill supporterZZZZ.
                    hehee - if you keep on giving the man brute licks to him head him nuh muss get mad, so how you expect him fi tink like a man wid sense.
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

When Boxhill was been promoted I stated that I wouldn't like to see Ja back in the 80s when a few we deh a the few games and a tek we losses as we had no organization and leadership.

You are right about everything you said.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

so the program was on a slide... that happens in all organizations... up down as long as the long term net is growth, then that is satisfactory... i am afraid we did not give the captain the benefit of the doubt... we saw the down trend and paniced... imho, not sure his absence from the program at that time was worth the setback... however, he's had the time to reassess and be more responsive... however the cost to jamaica football was painful...

Comment

cost painful yes....VERY painful and much worse than i would have imagined but burrell had lost focus and i think even in his approach now, it is evident that he is at least aware of why he lost.

Comment

yow sass... boxhill took the job without a real plan... he was propped up to run against captain by people with an axe to grind... it was all a set up to knock the captain off his perch... now the captain, from what i see is an arrogant man but he gets the job done despite his faults...

if boxhill was a real administrator with vision and an ability to sell his ideas to the corporate sector, we would not be having this discussion now...

is one thing about jamaicans, they will not rally behind anyone they believe is inept or lack superior skill set to achieve objectives...

thats why boxhill failed miserably... the best thing he did as president was remove himself from consideration in the next election...

Comment

well a good businessman or leader would have to assess his failings... he is aware of why he lost but his arrogance remains... the quality he has why he will succeed is his pride and ambition... he desparately wants to be successful and to be viewed as the hero who saved jamaica football and made jamaica football a world recognised brand... thats his drive and if thats what helps jamaica football, i am all for it...

Comment

Working...
                              X