X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger aware of Gilberto's unhappiness,

Wenger aware of Gilberto's unhappiness

By Jonathan Chong on Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Manager Arsène Wenger has revealed that he is aware of World Cup winner Gilberto's unhappiness at being left out of the side recently.
    The Brazilian midfielder has only made five appearances for the Gunners this season.
    Wenger insists that this is down to the healthy competition for places in midfield at the club.
    The Frenchman said: "Yes I can understand that.
    "But it's not that you can chat with the guy that he is not disappointed anymore, it's all part of competition.
    "Gilberto is an outstanding player - mentally and morally fantastic - but he accepts competition.
    "I think he is a very good centre-back but as well it is down to the balance of the team.
    "I feel at the moment Flamini is playing extremely well. Diarra and Denilson are doing well too.
    "There is tremendous competition, you cannot stop that, but that doesn't take anything away from what Gilberto does, or has done."
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

The writing is on the wall. From the day Wenger handed the captain armband to Gallas, its clear that Gilberto is no longer welcome.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

uh that would be a bad decision. gilberto provides a lot. Wait til we play chesea and manu uhh.. well not chelsea we will need Gilberto in the middle of the park then.

Comment

Working...
      X